Sponsored

Scout EV Pickup & SUV shapes revealed ahead of imminent debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Made by VW. Nope. Done.
I have never owned one but the ones I drove (especially Touareg) had a sweet ride. People that own them tell me while they are running, they are a blast but once they break down not so much. What has been your experience?

"up to 80% of the components are user serviceable" sounded mighty good to me.
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
Well I wasn't going to make a reservation but I just did. Better to have one and not use it...

If the interior space is close to the Lightning and the price stays under $60k I might just make the switch.

Anyway, it will be a very long time before anyone gets to place a real order for one.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I have never owned one but the ones I drove (especially Touareg) had a sweet ride. People that own them tell me while they are running, they are a blast but once they break down not so much. What has been your experience?
Dieselgate. Any company that does that never gets my business.

MTcowpoke

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many diesels and a Lightning
Occupation
Rancher
Is it tiny like a rivian or Tacoma? If so, it’s a complete non starter for me
The dimensions are posted on their website. About 3 inch longer wheelbase, similar width, a little taller and a guess that the interior is a little smaller than our Lightnings.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dieselgate. Any company that does that never gets my business.
That was mighty bad but I consider that as much of Government failure as the company. Emission test is basically not a test. It is honor system. But I get your point of view and respect it.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Nope!
Styling looks decent on the exterior, but absolutely do not like the interior too small of a backseat, and I love my console and cupholders and even my wireless charging pad that doesn’t charge very well. I think they said it comes out in 2027. I would expect much more for a vehicle that is this much 5-6 years newer than the Lightning! That would be like going back to an iPhone 8 or iPhone X.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
I love my lighting but I may have to put a reservation in. May actually put two in one for me and one for the wife. She actually likes the look of the Traveler.

CarJunky

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Challenger 392, Lightning Lariat
I put down $100 for the truck. Fully refundable, small amount, and may have a return if I sell it. Probably won't buy the vehicle - I love my Lightning - but a cheap hedge with likely ROI in any case. Good to see more competition in the pipeline.

That said, looks like a lot of hype about aesthetics (e.g., burnt orange color) or fluff (where parts are made). Scout is a brand...and nothing else at this point... Might have taken it very seriously of VW revealed that QuantumScape solid state batteries would be featured... 2027 is a long ways off...

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I wonder if this is going to put Rivian out of business. The SUV has full size spare. Range extender does not only mean longer range and faster charging. It means cheaper long distance energy cost. It looks like they are putting the money saving from battery on gas components. Personally, I am not a big fan of complected power train and hoping for better batteries to hit the market but I do like that bench seat and the whole package.
Scout has a LONG way to to go before it could do that. By the time Terra/Traveler is available, Rivian will already have the R2 in people's driveays, which could be a game changer if they can maintain the 45k pricepoint.

Also...VW is the one reviving the Scout brand....and VW is the one that has put 5 billion into Rivian. I'm not sure how that plays out! 🤔

Is it tiny like a rivian or Tacoma? If so, it’s a complete non starter for me
I actually was hoping it was but was shocked to find out the Terra is nearly Lightning sized, much longer than R1T. I opted to reserve the Traveler instead cause I need something that fits in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.