John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
The guy in the article is an idiot.
The article mentions at the bottom it was originally written a year ago.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
it's just the silly nature of someone 'capturing' a story, whether true or not, whether factual or not, but certainly 'sensational' to some readers... I am not one of them.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Vehicles have never been perfect, and never will. There will always be a story that a sharp writer can 'sharpen' their pencil on and release as a story about a vehicle giving a customer 'problems'...

most all of us have enjoyed our Lightnings from day one, but they are not perfect. Nor are Teslas, nor Rivians, no GMs, etc. It's the nature of the business. You hope you get a 'good' one, and most of the time most folks do, and we don't hear any 'horror' stories... that only comes from the very few, but they are very LOUD!

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I hear that crap all the time. People say the range sucks, they catch fire, they cost more to charge than ICE vehicles, they can't tow... And most, if not all, have ever owned or even driven an EV. People believe what they want to believe. Forget about facts.

Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your average person can not buy an electric vehicle. There is zero dealer training and support. My wife would have no idea where the charge port is. What charger plug to use at the station. what app to use and how to get the charger to work. Or even where chargers are located.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
The story of this one particular idiot is quite sad. He didn't research a damn thing, overpaid for everything, and then blames the truck and Ford.

Would this qualify as a news story if he bought an exotic sports car instead? He'd probably be shocked he had to buy expensive specialty tires, have to wait even longer for parts if it was wrecked, discover it can't fit his family on a road trip, premium gas is more than regular, etc.

The fact is he bought a vehicle that didn't suit his needs and good ol' Fox just bundled his story into another conservative media EV-hater clickbait article. Unfortunately, people read this and other garbage online and it sets back EV adoption.

Also the article claims it was purchased in Jan and was in the shop for 6 months so at MOST the guy had a month or two with it. Meanwhile, I did my research and love my truck.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This is an infrastructure problem and an education problem. It's not a problem with the truck. Chargers need to work and dealers need to take the time to educate their buyers before and after purchase.

The real scam is the way that dieselgate mitigation trust money was used to build out the charging network. Billions of dollars were spent and we ended up with an unreliable EA and a smattering of variably maintained 60 kW chargers in random and inconvenient locations.

I don't understand how this became a story. In college, my gas gauge stopped working on my 1999 Chevy Monte Carlo and I ran out of gas on the side of a busy and dangerous highway. Should I have called CNN?

Jenkins5286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
This has been picked up by several sites now (I saw it linked by Yahoo Finance). It's a shame uninformed people like this are highlighted by media. He posted this on his personal Facebook and reading it tells me all I need to know about his intelligence.

Ford F-150 Lightning ‘biggest scam of modern times’ 1000001548

Ford F-150 Lightning ‘biggest scam of modern times’ 1000001549

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
One of the reasons these negative story’s get so much coverage is that this technology is not supported by the major oil industries (yet). Stated another way, there are a lot powerful people (companies) out there would love to see it fail.

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
The ONE thing that does pose some questioning is why a small fender bender landed his truck in a shop for 6 months. That aspect is something I worry about quite a bit with all my BEV and PHEV vehicles.

I think most of us agree that for most people having ONLY BEV transportation is just not a place to be quite yet.

I am moving the needle in getting my brother/father to add one Lightning to their stable of work trucks at our farm. Currently there are 5 pickups there and probably 4 get used every day. The 3/4 ton that is used for towing gets the occasional day off. They are the perfect scenario. It will painful when they baptize the Lighning with some scratches from barbed wire, or a cow dents the door. But it is what it is!

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
~25% of YouTube titles are essentially click-bait to useless reviews.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.