First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I had mine serviced and they said something about keeping track of battery coolant.
David
%% of chemical balance
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Every service advisor I have dealt with was a problem because, they were misinformed, lazy or simply uninterested in providing good service. Their main job is separating you from the mechanic and in doing so they add miscommunications and inefficiencies.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Well, from a Ford dealer’s Service Department’s perspective, we’re kind of a nuisance. At this small dealership, only a couple of technicians are EV-certified; and those are the best two they have, which means they’re in high demand on ICE vehicle repairs that produce more revenue. And the “Model E” Dealer fiasco has left a lot of them wishing Ford had never thought of building EVs. The politics surrounding EV mandates gets projected onto our vehicles, and even the Service Advisors give the impression that they wish you’d take your EV and- well, you know. I doubt many Lightning customers bought their trucks to save the planet. I certainly did not.
Fortunately, I’ve had 20k relatively trouble-free miles; biggest complaint for the first year was lack of OTA software updates (the prized but elusive numeric SOC in the instrument cluster, for example), but finally, beginning with the Tesla SC access update, they‘ve been regular and even beneficial (sometimes).
Despite early-adopter first-world problems, my Lightning is a keeper, the best truck I’ve ever owned, and the most comfortable vehicle of any kind that I’ve ever owned.
Um, I now have the prized SOC on my instrument cluster, Noticed less than a week ago. My latest update is 6.8.0

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Um, I now have the prized SOC on my instrument cluster, Noticed less than a week ago. My latest update is 6.8.0
Now that I think about it . . about the same time I did notice that my center display continues to go back to the "Settings" screen, I typically have Navigation and Audio as the two visible screens,, but now I have to continuously change it back from "settings"
Sponsored