• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

23 XLT...Heat Off but Fan On

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
Ive searched around and can't find a definitive answer for those of us with XLT trucks. To save energy, I often turn off the HVAC on cold mornings. I park in a garage so when I get in in the morning, the interior temp is fine. Once I start driving, the windows will start to fog, but if I turn on the HVAC, it starts heating the air if the exterior temp is less than interior temp, sucking energy. Turning off the AC is as simple as pressing the AC button but there does not seem the same functionality with heat. I am happy to use the seat heaters with no blowing heat when the temp is down into the 50s but I still need to circulate the air to keep the windows clear. Any ideas?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ive searched around and can't find a definitive answer for those of us with XLT trucks. To save energy, I often turn off the HVAC on cold mornings. I park in a garage so when I get in in the morning, the interior temp is fine. Once I start driving, the windows will start to fog, but if I turn on the HVAC, it starts heating the air if the exterior temp is less than interior temp, sucking energy. Turning off the AC is as simple as pressing the AC button but there does not seem the same functionality with heat. I am happy to use the seat heaters with no blowing heat when the temp is down into the 50s but I still need to circulate the air to keep the windows clear. Any ideas?
Try lowering the cabin temp to appx outside temp, switch off AC if it comes on.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
@TaxmanHog is correct. In addition, I find Max Defrost very effective at eliminating fog.

OP
OP

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
I am not sure if your dash is similar, but I use this button to cycle heat on and off as needed:

Adjusting heat & AC & vent.jpg
This works. When you press that button, additional HVAC options pop up on the screen and one of them is a button to turn heat off and on without affecting the blower fan speed. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored