A toolbox size battery pack for an addional 150 miles

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Why wouldn’t ford just build a bigger battery under the truck where it belongs?
The ER battery fills almost all available space between the frame rails, and I think they left gaps around the perimeter for crash impingement mitigation.

They would have to widen the sub frame to accommodate more batteries and I think the goal with Gen 1 was to use as many of the ICE parts as possible.
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
The ER battery fills almost all available space between the frame rails, and I think they left gaps around the perimeter for crash impingement mitigation.

They would have to widen the sub frame to accommodate more batteries and I think the goal with Gen 1 was to use as many of the ICE parts as possible.

To add this this more:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
This could be a good solution for people who don’t have any fast charging in the areas they travel.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

Also, how much are you willing to add to the GVW?
Sponsored