• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Looks like the pro version is now available for ordering.

Forum discount code "FORD" works on the new Typhoon pro adapter and free shipping stacks as well.

I just ordered one and will make a review post once I get it.

I also have a Ford / OEM Tesla adapter that I will compare it to and the Typhoon standard adapter which is now discontinued.

Feel free to use the below links or discount code "FORD" to save on products sold on A2Z website.

You can bundle the A2Z Stellar AC Tesla to J-1772 adapter for Hotel Destination charger for $68 additional after discount by using the drop down on the Typhoon Pro page to get both adapters.

A2Z Typhoon Pro Tesla Supercharger Adapter coming soon - Shipping starts July 15th

TYPHOON PRO | NACS DC CHARGERS to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V | DC | 12 Months Warranty

1720305019662-kw.png
1719955474381-h2-png.png
1719955482334-xl-png.png
1719955489949-bz-png.png
1_ee72a684-4a17-4f98-940f-f5edffce1bc1-png.png
A2Z EV Order.jpg

This post and future posts may contain links to affiliate website, and we may receive a commission for any purchase made by you on the affiliate website. Our affiliates include GoAFFpro and Shareasale.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MyJoule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Platinum
Interesting, they came out with that change. I just got my "Original" Typhoon yesterday- I did have trouble the first time getting the switch to engage, but I eventually got it to latch. I guess this new version is suppose to solve that problem

OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Interesting, they came out with that change. I just got my "Original" Typhoon yesterday- I did have trouble the first time getting the switch to engage, but I eventually got it to latch. I guess this new version is suppose to solve that problem
A2Z EV has a fairness plan for recent orders.

Check out more details on their Twitter / X post.

Sponsored

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
An adapter is an adapter imo. I need mine by the end of the month so I don't really care if it's the old version.

Last edited:

solastobann

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Farmer

Forum discount code "FORD" works on the new Typhoon pro adapter and free shipping stacks as well.

I also have a Ford / OEM Tesla adapter that I will compare it to and the Typhoon standard adapter which is now discontinued.

Feel free to use the below links or discount code "FORD" to save on products sold on A2Z website.

You can bundle the A2Z Stellar AC Tesla to J-1772 adapter for Hotel Destination charger for $68 additional after discount by using the drop down on the Typhoon Pro page to get both adapters.

A2Z Typhoon Pro Tesla Supercharger Adapter coming soon - Shipping starts July 15th

TYPHOON PRO | NACS DC CHARGERS to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V | DC | 12 Months Warranty

1720305019662-kw.png
1719955474381-h2-png.png
1719955482334-xl-png.png
1719955489949-bz-png.png
A2Z EV Order.jpg

This post and future posts may contain links to affiliate website, and we may receive a commission for any purchase made by you on the affiliate website. Our affiliates include GoAFFpro and Shareasale.

1720305019662-kw.png
1719955474381-h2-png.png
1719955482334-xl-png.png
1719955489949-bz-png.png
A2Z EV Order.jpg

If you bought the first model before June, you can get the Pro with a 25% discount. Use “TYPROOLD.” If you bought one since June, there’s, as I recall, a 40% discount. Check their website for the rules and code. My Tesla/Ford adapter, promised in June, hasn’t arrived and it is July. I bought the Pro, as the earlier version works, but it is stiff and the aforementioned slider is geeky. Better to have three than none. Some Karen can steal one and I’m still in business. Price I paid was $161.25 after the discount. Free shipping and no tax. Seller is in Canada; I’m in Tennessee.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
They only shipped my older Typhoon a few days ago and I haven't received it yet. I was sort of moaning about my bad luck until I read about their "fairness" effort.

I like the sound of their "Offer #1".

solastobann

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Farmer
They only shipped my older Typhoon a few days ago and I haven't received it yet. I was sort of moaning about my bad luck until I read about their "fairness" effort.

I like the sound of their "Offer #1".
Yes, you are lucky they are doing the “right thing.” No one wants to order something and find out there’s a newer version.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
while my LECTRON has the typical 'dual' squeeze triggers for CCs and NACs, I've recently realized that the way the unit is designed, ONE HAND can trigger both at the same time.

the only issue, I realize, is that the Supercharge NACs handle typically will NOT release at the same time you pull out the CCs from the charge port. There is something about the power-transfer protocol that Tesla's unit is looking for, before it will release from your ADAPTER, no matter whether you also push the NACs own button on the top of it's cable, at the same time.
I see that you simply have to 'wait' for the unit to 'release' the capability for the NACs handle's trigger hold to release.

So, I pull out the ADAPTER from the truck, first...
I then have to 'pause' for a few seconds to many seconds, depending...
and only THEN will the NACs end release from the ADAPTER
Sponsored