• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adaptive dash cards

MADequipment

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Avalanche Gray
Hi, I’ve got a 24 Lightning Lariat. I looked up on the Ford website to see whether I have the most updated sync but can’t tell. It’s version 4.0.23306. Which I believe it means that it is from 2023 on day 306.

Looking at the Ford webpage it says 4A should have adaptive dash cards (allows you to control songs without going to CarPlay app), but I don’t have access to this. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You will get updates OTA when Ford is ready for your vehicle to be updated.

OP
OP

MADequipment

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sure that is fine. But if 4A is what is on my window sticker, shouldn’t I have had access to adaptive dash cards? Or do I actually have Sync 4?

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
Pretty sure Adaptive Dash Cards is just the row of "recents". Most of the time the cards just statically represent a recently launched app within Sync 4A. Some of them are adaptive to state or content within the app when it is in the background. For instance native Sync Navigation will show you current location as a subtitle.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adaptive dash cards Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 8.13.37 AM

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Sure that is fine. But if 4A is what is on my window sticker, shouldn’t I have had access to adaptive dash cards? Or do I actually have Sync 4?
2022s had 4A, so do you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MADequipment

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah got it. So the highlighted stuff on Ford’s webpage is out of date then.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adaptive dash cards IMG_2132

This is what I was envisioning based on the description. Found this on a dealer site
Ford F-150 Lightning Adaptive dash cards IMG_2134

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
These were nuked in the redesign in January 2023 over a year ago. It used to be you could make the top screen slightly smaller and those row of cards would get larger, show you more info, etc. For instance the Navigation card had a Go Home button.

You could also make the top screen larger and the bottom row collapsed to info only, like we have today. Your choice.

Ford took that choice away with the redesign. Large top screen and small bottom cards only now. Too much for their software team to manage I guess.

Note the redesign was loved by many since it gave us easier ways to control AC, heated, cooled seats, etc. You would have not liked the old way to change AC temps.

I miss those oversized cards. My son turned off updates and runs the old interface still today on his Mach-E.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MADequipment

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you for the helpful response. Ford’s literature online is not always consistent with what we’re seeing as buyers.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Thank you for the helpful response. Ford’s literature online is not always consistent with what we’re seeing as buyers.
There was a massive thread on the redesign as you can imagine. If you’re a history buff or just bored you can find it and read about all the pros and cons the redesign brought.

Reactions: kab

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
These were nuked in the redesign over a year ago. It used to be you could make the top screen slightly smaller and those row of cards would get larger, show you more info, etc. For instance the Navigation card had a Go Home button.

You could also make the top screen larger and the bottom row collapsed to info only, like we have today. Your choice.

Ford took that choice away with the redesign. Large top screen and small bottom cards only now. Too much for their software team to manage I guess.

Note the redesign was loved by many since it gave us easier ways to control AC, heated, cooled seats, etc. You would have not liked the old way to change AC temps.

I miss those oversized cards. My son turned off updates and runs the old interface still today on his Mach-E.
That explains why I’ve never seen this before. I guess I skipped right over this version when I got my truck.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
That explains why I’ve never seen this before. I guess I skipped right over this version when I got my truck.
It was released in Jan 2023 so only 2022 model years needed it. It also gave us the much-requested Camera button on the main screen - which you've always had.
Sponsored