• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding SecuriCode to Pro?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
The keypad comes with it's own mounting tape, but I used a 3m 'removable' mounting tape instead, and it's holding it pretty well... there is also plenty of 'space' for this keypad, even with the Chargeport door closed.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? KEYPAD location

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? KEYPAD mounted

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? KEYPAD paired successully
Sponsored

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
Looks great. Thank you for the pictures.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
The keypad comes with it's own mounting tape, but I used a 3m 'removable' mounting tape instead, and it's holding it pretty well... there is also plenty of 'space' for this keypad, even with the Chargeport door closed.
Thanks for all the info, was interested in doing this in my pro as well without screwing with my B pillar.

You said the dealer wanted an extra $100 for the programming, shouldn't the installation option cover that for $24? I sure hope they wouldn't charge you that much just to apply 3M tape, but then again that sounds right up Ford's alley.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? 1690808346704

Quietfly

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning Lariat SR
I'm attempting to order this ( A version) with installation, I'll see what the dealer says.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I didn't have the dealer 'install' any keypad, I only had them PAIR it to my truck(keyfobs)... it's just a programming change with their FDRS software... you can attach the Keypad anywhere and anyhow you wish.... mine is in my ChargePort door. Yes, they charged $100, probably because that is the minimum charge, and probably the hourly rate.

Sponsored

DreamBrother1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, Subaru Ascent
Thanks to @KurtsRPMGarage I got my keypad installed in under an hour! (Not including preparation) To those looking into this, make sure you watch his video and become familiar with all the steps.

I'd also watch another video showing how to get the door trim piece off effectively, this will also help when you install the new one with keypad

I recommend buying a plastic trim tool, they should be available any common autoparts store. This helped me get door apart safely, as sometimes a fair amount of force is needed to get the plastic push clips to release

My dealer must have taken my factory Securicode card. I also tried the key fob in the cup holder slot method many times to get the code, with no luck. However you can find the code under some trim on a sticker near the passenger footwell.

When you are removing the original trim piece on the door, the 4 screws are directly over a small channel on the window. Save yourself a possible headache and cover that opening with a ball of tape, or something. If not those screws can easily fall into that hole into the door (see picture)

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? 20240108_103350

The harness and pre-cut was trim piece were ordered through Tasca per Kurt'sRPMGarage instructions.

Keypad: FL3Z-14A626-AG
Pre-cut trim piece: FL3Z-1520555-TC

I was a little confused how the wiring harness routes into the door. There are 2 square holes under the trim piece on the door. Instead the wires run straight down (see picture)

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? 20240108_103509

There are also 2 plastic clips/connectors that come preattached to the new wiring harness. One fits perfectly into a hole near the connector inside the door. (See picture). The other connector was not accessible and must be pushed in at the factory when the door isn't really put together yet. However it seems to be easily out of the way and doesn't catch on the window, or rattle at all.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? 20240108_105900

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? 20240108_110152

Everything worked perfectly on my 2023 Pro. Once you enable the changes in Forscan, an option to add you own codes will be available in your setting on the main screen

Last edited:

kstevens

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning PRO, 2015 Nissan Leaf S
I did the same mod and made many of the same small mistakes. HUGE shout out to @KurtsRPMGarage for the great video. Also added bed lights and rain sensing wipers. Just saw he figured out how to add a light bar to a PRO. Looking forward to doing that one this spring, then I think I'll be pretty well done.

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
Huge shout out to @KurtsRPMGarage and all the others that helped make this easy for me to do!
On a side note, has anyone experienced the Frunk access NOT working on the keypad? Finished my installation on the keypad yesterday on my Pro. Code works fine, unlocks driver door. If I hit 1/2 it unlocks all doors. If it hit 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time it locks all the doors. I know I should just be able to hit 7/8 and have the Frunk open, but it just doesn't work for some reason. Tried multiple times. Frunk works from FOB, under dash button, on screen button, frunk manual button. Just NOT on the keypad (which I kind of installed it for this very reason).

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
Huge shout out to @KurtsRPMGarage and all the others that helped make this easy for me to do!
On a side note, has anyone experienced the Frunk access NOT working on the keypad? Finished my installation on the keypad yesterday on my Pro. Code works fine, unlocks driver door. If I hit 1/2 it unlocks all doors. If it hit 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time it locks all the doors. I know I should just be able to hit 7/8 and have the Frunk open, but it just doesn't work for some reason. Tried multiple times. Frunk works from FOB, under dash button, on screen button, frunk manual button. Just NOT on the keypad (which I kind of installed it for this very reason).

I found the issue! Hopefully this helps someone in the future. In the vehicle settings, under locks, there is a little toggle called "switch inhibit." This must but turned ON. If for some reason it's toggled off, it doesn't allow the Frunk to be opened with the keypad. Not sure why or what they were thinking but there it is...
Sponsored