• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding SecuriCode to Pro?

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
How many inches from the bottom do you cut the trim? I know it's an inch from the front, just not sure how far from the bottom
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I'm wondering if there is a way to have a 'securicode' entry, without the pad having to be on the door column - maybe rather on the driver's rear window corner, or on the driver's outside mirror, or even hidden within the charge port, etc...

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
I'm wondering if there is a way to have a 'securicode' entry, without the pad having to be on the door column - maybe rather on the driver's rear window corner, or on the driver's outside mirror, or even hidden within the charge port, etc...
For this you would just use the “remote” keypad ford sells I believe. The wiring for the “wired” version is inside the drivers door….so you would have to extend that which I’m sure would be a pain.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
I like the idea, and see several 'other' places you might could mount the pad...even flat on the edge of the outside driver window frame, near the mirror, which is the same trim product as the door frame pillar...

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
so, this looks like the 'non-wired' version for vehicles with 'remote start' enabled:
"Conveniently unlock your vehicle without your key or keyless entry remote. Unlock your vehicle with ease without your key or keyless entry remote. Backlit keypad with black, textured finish. Requires / fits vehicles Factory Equipped with Remote Keyless Entry FOB. Requires Dealer Service Tool (IDS/FDRS). No wiring."
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-keyless-entry-keypad-kb3z14a626b?c=bD0xJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=

and the instructions, from Ford: https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/accessory_files/2020_RF_Keypad_D4_ENG.pdf

I hope... allowing me a non-wired, simple application, using the same RF 'keyfob' signal, I suppose...

When the synchronization is complete, the programming routine will instruct the installer to turn off the vehicle ignition key and test operation of the keypad.
At this time, perform the following steps:
1 Close all vehicle doors.
2 Press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons on the keypad to lock all doors.
3 Enter the keypad’s Master Code to unlock the driver’s door.
4 Within 5 seconds of Master Code entry, press the 3/4 button to unlock all doors.
5 Within 5 seconds of pressing the 3/4 button, press the 5/6 button multiple times to release the trunk.

and...
NOTE: This product is designed to attach to your car door, centered between the door handle and the window sill, but will work mounted to a relatively flat surface.

and...
Low Power Warning - All Vehicles 1. If you unlock the door with the keypad and the locks cycle one additional time, it is time to replace the unit. • The battery is not replaceable.

Attachments

Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
so, this looks like the 'non-wired' version for vehicles with 'remote start' enabled:
"Conveniently unlock your vehicle without your key or keyless entry remote. Unlock your vehicle with ease without your key or keyless entry remote. Backlit keypad with black, textured finish. Requires / fits vehicles Factory Equipped with Remote Keyless Entry FOB. Requires Dealer Service Tool (IDS/FDRS). No wiring."
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-keyless-entry-keypad-kb3z14a626b?c=bD0xJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=

and the instructions, from Ford: https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/accessory_files/2020_RF_Keypad_D4_ENG.pdf

I hope... allowing me a non-wired, simple application, using the same RF 'keyfob' signal, I suppose...

When the synchronization is complete, the programming routine will instruct the installer to turn off the vehicle ignition key and test operation of the keypad.
At this time, perform the following steps:
1 Close all vehicle doors.
2 Press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons on the keypad to lock all doors.
3 Enter the keypad’s Master Code to unlock the driver’s door.
4 Within 5 seconds of Master Code entry, press the 3/4 button to unlock all doors.
5 Within 5 seconds of pressing the 3/4 button, press the 5/6 button multiple times to release the trunk.

and...
NOTE: This product is designed to attach to your car door, centered between the door handle and the window sill, but will work mounted to a relatively flat surface.

and...
Low Power Warning - All Vehicles 1. If you unlock the door with the keypad and the locks cycle one additional time, it is time to replace the unit. • The battery is not replaceable.
That’s the one.
The wired one is designed to “clip in” to the hole in the b pillar trim piece. I don’t think it would mount up well anywhere else. The one you linked would be the answer.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
yep, I just used my Ford 'rewards' points to purchase this, and we'll see if we can find a good mounting place, and get it to working...

my 'keyfob in the center console' and using my 'Ford Pass app' to open and lock the doors already works like a 'keyless' entry... although on several occassions the app is slow to respond, or the truck does not respond, itself... could be a cellular issue... but this keypad can be that 'extra' method, just in case.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
yep, I just used my Ford 'rewards' points to purchase this, and we'll see if we can find a good mounting place, and get it to working...

my 'keyfob in the center console' and using my 'Ford Pass app' to open and lock the doors already works like a 'keyless' entry... although on several occassions the app is slow to respond, or the truck does not respond, itself... could be a cellular issue... but this keypad can be that 'extra' method, just in case.
I heard that the wireless one can be a pain to program. From what i have read it basically operates like a keyfob and is programmed like a new keyfob

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
and I checked my charge port, and found that it most likely has PLENTY of room to 'hide' this keypad... and here's a photo of the video of someone doing this with a gas port, on a New BRONCO... moving it from it's original driver door location to the gas port.
Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? keypad in fuel charging door

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
I received my wireless KEYPAD, and it's very simple and will actually fit very easily within the Charge Port door... sweet. Now, either I pay $50 for the FDRS software license and do it myself, or I pay $100 to the local Ford Dealer... hmmmmmm.

Last edited:

Sponsored

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW GTI / 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
I received my wireless KEYPAD, and it's very simple and will actually fit very easily within the Charge Port door... sweet. Now, either I pay $50 for the FDRS software license and do it myself, or I pay $100 to the local Ford Dealer... hmmmmmm.
I am really interested in seeing how this comes out. Please post pictures when you are done.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
well, yesterday I purchased and loaded the FDRS software to the same laptop where FORSCAN had worked, with my Bluetooth OBDII unit, to program the changes when adding ACC, and some other mods.... but, I could never get the software to 'see' the bluetooth OBDII(vGate vLinker FS), so I could never get into the 'programming' of the keypad activation...

I do, though, have an appointment next week at my local Ford Dealer, who said $100 would do it... we'll see. While it's really just another 'keyfob', of sorts, I believe you have to activate the 'keyless entry' door lock/unlock controller software for it to recognize the code inputs. If it was available in FORSCAN, it'd be easy, but for some reason it's only thru IDS/FDRS software.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
so.....

about that 'adding' a wireless KEYPAD to your PRO.... well, yes, and no...

I had ordered the 'b' KEYPAD, per Ford, since they say that this is the 'correct' KEYPAD for vehicle with Remote Start.....
uh oh,,,,, no...... while PRO owners CAN remote start from our APP, Ford is referring to KEYFOBs with Remote Start...which we DON'T HAVE...

so, the (A) version of the KEYPAD is the real correct keypad for our PROs...

I, unfortunately, found this out the 'hard' way, and on a REALLY HOT day in Georgia, standing with the auto tech outside on the hot pavement for 1 1/2 hours while he 'thought' he could get it to work, not knowing yet that this was actually NOT the correct Keypad, and while otherwise the software programming thru FDRS looks identical....

here's the real difference. The KEYPAD (B) says something in the 900mhz signal range, while the KEYFOBS say something in the 300mhz signal range, which is why this Keypad does not work with our PROS - though it might will work with higher trims that DO have Remote Start on their Keyfobs...
The (A) version of the Keypad is designed to work with OUR 300mhz signal and keyfobs for the PRO.

Lesson learned. Another Keypad on order.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
ok.... FINALLY .... I have a SECURICODE Wireless KEYPAD mounted inside the CHARGE PORT DOOR on my PRO....and it works, AND I've created my own 5 - digit code....

I had to resort to having my local FORD dealer sell me the (A) Keypad version, which they keep in stock, and PAIR it with the truck/keyfobs.
It took them an hour... I think even they had problems with FDRS and getting it to finally pair, but eventually it did - it could also have been the FDRS software, which is a new system from Ford, and requires a robust WIFI internet connection - many Ford dealers don't have this in their bays.

So, in the end, I could not get FDRS to work on MY laptop, or to connect to my bluetooth OBD.
And, when I used a local SHOP, who said they had FDRS, they could also NOT get it to pair to the truck, which is when we also realized that the (B) version, which runs on a different wave length, was NOT the correct keypad. We don't really have REMOTE START, at least not on our keyfobs, which is what Ford requires with the (B) version.

The (A) version worked, at the FORD Dealer.

Last edited:

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
ok.... FINALLY .... I have a SECURICODE Wireless KEYPAD mounted inside the CHARGE PORT DOOR on my PRO....and it works, AND I've created my own 5 - digit code....

Can you post pictures? Thinking about doing this to my Pro.
Sponsored