• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Amp Powerstep Xtreme Installed

OP
OP

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Did you do anything with the lighting that's built into the existing steps? It seems like we'd be losing a lightning zone by removing that.

Did you just unplug it or did you repurpose the light in some way?

OP
OP

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
I didn’t do anything with the lights in the oem steps other than unplug them. The connections could be reused for other lighting if desired. The amp steps come with 2 lights on each side but I did not bother to install them. For me the lights below the mirrors are plenty for the steps.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I didn’t do anything with the lights in the oem steps other than unplug them. The connections could be reused for other lighting if desired. The amp steps come with 2 lights on each side but I did not bother to install them. For me the lights below the mirrors are plenty for the steps.
Same for mine. I even ordered an LED strip light for underneath and then saw them at night with the mirror floods. Plenty of light with them so I cancelled.

Sponsored

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Was there a Lightning specific reason you ordered the Powerstep Xtreme vs the normal Powerstep? Those have two motors vs one right?

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Was there a Lightning specific reason you ordered the Powerstep Xtreme vs the normal Powerstep? Those have two motors vs one right?
I read that they perform better in snow and ice and are less likely to freeze up. If I lived in a state without winter I’d get the regular one motor version.

DeLariats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning Lariat ER
I read that they perform better in snow and ice and are less likely to freeze up. If I lived in a state without winter I’d get the regular one motor version.
Did you have any clearance issues on the front driver side mount? I purchased the smart series boards (also non-extreme series) and there is rubbing in the front.
Ford F-150 Lightning Amp Powerstep Xtreme Installed E0E9C142-47A2-4D70-8FFD-CBD8A2F8B7D3