• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anemic Heated Steering Wheel

Cvh8601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
We finally had some relatively cool nighttime temps so i happened to want to turn on the heated steer wheel this week a few times. Just got the truck in June so this was my first attempt at turning it on for cause. To my surprise, the heat output seemed to be incredibly low. Some spots in the wheel seemed like they werent even on, but a couple definitely warmed slightly so i know it was ‘working’. Obviously this is somewhat subjective, but I’d describe it as a barely heated steering wheel at this point.

My previous experience with other cars suggests a wide variety of heat levels in heated steering wheels. So question to the crowd is, does my experience sound like a problem? Or is this what Ford calls a heated steering wheel?
Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
The Ford strategy for a heated steering wheel is "heat it up quickly then back off and let it simmer luke warm". I agree it should be higher. The only thing I have found you can do is to use Forscan to change the peak temperature setting to a higher value, but the on/off cycling is not something we can change. By setting the peak temperature higher, it will generally keep the wheel a bit warmer on average.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Chevy bolt and lightning had/have weak heated steering wheel. Our Volvos...three levels ranging from equivalent to the Ford all the way to put on some gloves to insulated your hands (useful when very cold or initially to quickly warm the wheel). I'd like to make the Ford warmer.