• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

App issues: no remote climate, battery status doesn't update, etc

s3mamill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Hi everyone,

I've been having issues with the app for a couple of weeks now. Remote climate start doesn't work. The location of the truck in the app never updates, and neither does the battery or charging status. For a while I thought it was the app, but I'm wondering if its the truck. The truck is operating normally, but I wonder if there is a connection issue with the modem or something. Any ideas? Hoping this isn't something I need to bring the truck in for service for.
Sponsored

priceb

First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
College Instructor
If you think it might be a modem issue, you could reboot the TCU using forscan. There is also a fuse you can pull to accomplish the same thing, but I don't remember which one it is.

priceb

First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
College Instructor
It might also be the Gateway Module (GWM). I had an issue, a few hours after I posted the previous response, where FordPASS stopped updating in the middle of a DC fast charge. I checked ForScan and there was a DTC set for the GWM. I rebooted the GWM, using ForScan, and FordPASS started working again.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
delete the app, reinstall, and let it update/connect.
Sponsored