• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote start and climate control/heated seats

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302A Power Boost
Ok. Thanks. Good to know they can fix it.
Sponsored

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
Ok. Thanks. Good to know they can fix it.
I have the same issue as you all have with my 5.0 xlt. It has been below freezing here in Michigan and no matter if I use auto or last setting the heated seats do not warm up and the vents are blowing very low,cold air. I notice that,until I push the start button, my heated seat button and climate control buttons are not on or lit up as well.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the same issue as you all have with my 5.0 xlt. It has been below freezing here in Michigan and no matter if I use auto or last setting the heated seats do not warm up and the vents are blowing very low,cold air. I notice that,until I push the start button, my heated seat button and climate control buttons are not on or lit up as well.
I haven’t had time to do it yet but I’m going to go in with forscan, hopefully sometime this weekend, and see if all the remote start climate control and seat functions are enabled. I did call me local dealer to see if they’ve come across this but they said they haven’t. If I don’t find anything on Forscan I’ll be taking it in for the dealer to figure out but I’m sure it has to be a programming issue telling the climate not to turn on.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven’t had time to do it yet but I’m going to go in with forscan, hopefully sometime this weekend, and see if all the remote start climate control and seat functions are enabled. I did call me local dealer to see if they’ve come across this but they said they haven’t. If I don’t find anything on Forscan I’ll be taking it in for the dealer to figure out but I’m sure it has to be a programming issue telling the climate not to turn on.
One other thing, not sure about the climate control, but the lights for the heated seats don’t turn on until you push the start button regardless of whether the heated seats are on or not. Seems stupid, I know, but they have always been like that even if previous generations. The physical switch must not be powered until the “key” is on.

spawner

First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Designer
Did you try adding the Memory Setting for heated steering wheel and seats - sett it up and assign it to your key and memory seat.

Sponsored

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you try adding the Memory Setting for heated steering wheel and seats - sett it up and assign it to your key and memory seat.
Is that possible? It theory it’s a good idea but I just want them to work how they are supposed to. If it’s cold out heated seats and steering wheel turn on when remote started. If it’s hot out the ventilated seats come on. As far as I know saving it to the west memory isn’t an option and could become annoying.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did check with forscan on the weekend, everything is enabled and should be working. I even disabled all remote start settings and then re-enabled it hopes it would reset something. It did not. Yesterday it was -15 Celsius and the heated seats abs steering wheel did not come on and the fan was running slow as you say. I’m going to have to take it to the dealer when I get a chance unless someone figures something out before I get it in, or Ford does an over the air up date to fix it.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Using Forscan I reset a few modules, BCM, DSM, IPC and IPMA. At this point I’m not 100% sure because it wasn’t very cold when I tested it yesterday and the truck was only remote started for a few minutes before I had to jump in and go but I’m pretty sure the seat did feel warm when I jumped in and I think the blower motor was running at a higher speed then it ever was previously when remote started. Fingers crossed that resetting the modules did the trick. We’ve got some cold weather coming up this week so I can remote start it long before I’m ready to leave work to confirm it’s working. If not, the truck is booked into the dealer for the end of the month but hopefully that’s not needed. ??

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
Using Forscan I reset a few modules, BCM, DSM, IPC and IPMA. At this point I’m not 100% sure because it wasn’t very cold when I tested it yesterday and the truck was only remote started for a few minutes before I had to jump in and go but I’m pretty sure the seat did feel warm when I jumped in and I think the blower motor was running at a higher speed then it ever was previously when remote started. Fingers crossed that resetting the modules did the trick. We’ve got some cold weather coming up this week so I can remote start it long before I’m ready to leave work to confirm it’s working. If not, the truck is booked into the dealer for the end of the month but hopefully that’s not needed. ??
Hey, drbross21 Did the reset’s end up working or you still taking it in. I scheduled a visit with my dealer as well.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey, drbross21 Did the reset’s end up working or you still taking it in. I scheduled a visit with my dealer as well.
The heated seats and climate are 100% working now. The heated steering wheel was still not coming on so I reset the SCCM this morning. The heated steering wheel seemed to be operating better as I was driving to work this morning so I’m hoping it will as come on when I remote start it when I’m ready to leave work. I’ll let you know later today.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
The heated seats and climate are 100% working now. The heated steering wheel was still not coming on so I reset the SCCM this morning. The heated steering wheel seemed to be operating better as I was driving to work this morning so I’m hoping it will as come on when I remote start it when I’m ready to leave work. I’ll let you know later today.
I have a XLT 302a and did not get the heated steering wheel. I was told to get that I had to go to a Lariat. I do have the heated seats and rear window defrost. I looked on the ordering guide and heated steering wheel was not on the XLT's.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a XLT 302a and did not get the heated steering wheel. I was told to get that I had to go to a Lariat. I do have the heated seats and rear window defrost. I looked on the ordering guide and heated steering wheel was not on the XLT's.
Yes, that’s correct. I believe you need a 502A Lariat for the heated wheel. That’s what I have.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
Yes, that’s correct. I believe you need a 502A Lariat for the heated wheel. That’s what I have.
Oh...Cause in your bio shows XLT

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The heated steering wheel still did not come on today. The rear window defrost didn’t come on, which means the wiper de-over wasn’t on either and the truck was covered with snow and it’s -22 C. The seats were on but after 15 minutes they weren’t as warm as they would be even if you drove the truck for a few minutes. Truck isn’t booked in until after Christmas so I may play with it some more and see if I can figure it out. Taking it to the dealer is just such a pain in the ass.
Sponsored