First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2013 3.5 Altima SL
Occupation
Reliability Engineer - PWR
Okay Guys, Just took delivery last week from Maxwell. Ordered a Rapid Red Lariat back in mid October when I got the email. A month later in November they said it was scheduled for production, then on the 4th Jan got a call from Maxwell that my truck was delivered to the dealer. Took possession on the 11th, since then only seen one Black 22 at HEB here in Dripping. Lol we both left at the same time and waved at each other.

Possibly saw another one (light blue) early Wednesday around WM Cannon and SW Parkway as I was driving to work at the MET Center near the airport.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LightningMcqueen

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Okay Guys, Just took delivery last week from Maxwell. Ordered a Rapid Red Lariat back in mid October when I got the email. A month later in November they said it was scheduled for production, then on the 4th Jan got a call from Maxwell that my truck was delivered to the dealer. Took possession on the 11th, since then only seen one Black 22 at HEB here in Dripping. Lol we both left at the same time and waved at each other.

Possibly saw another one (light blue) early Wednesday around WM Cannon and SW Parkway as I was driving to work at the MET Center near the airport.
that was me at HEB. Anti-matter blue
my Wife was laughing at me for waving šŸ˜ƒ

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum, 2023 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Last Friday I was walking through the lot at Covert Ford just to see if they had any Lightnings and came across an Avalanche White Platinum, fully loaded. I inquired about it, test drove it, and by Tuesday it was mine! I live in the Cedar Park area. I traded in a Model 3 that I had for 4 years and really liked but have had trouble getting in and out of it after knee surgery. The high seating and roomy interior are perfect. Love this truck! Side note: I owned one of the original F-150 Lightnings back in the day, and later a Lincoln Blackwood. Very happy to be truckin' again!

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Last Friday I was walking through the lot at Covert Ford just to see if they had any Lightnings and came across an Avalanche White Platinum, fully loaded. I inquired about it, test drove it, and by Tuesday it was mine! I live in the Cedar Park area. I traded in a Model 3 that I had for 4 years and really liked but have had trouble getting in and out of it after knee surgery. The high seating and roomy interior are perfect. Love this truck! Side note: I owned one of the original F-150 Lightnings back in the day, and later a Lincoln Blackwood. Very happy to be truckin' again!
Did covert charge you over MSRP?

Iā€™m also in Cedar Park. Star White Lariat.

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Covert started at $10K over MSRP. Then "just for you!", they lowered it to $5K. I was about to walk away, so they lowered it again to $2500, and they gave me more for my trade in. All the usual dealer cr@p. But I was happy to get the truck.

Sponsored

MurphysLaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER,Cayman,Q7 Overlanded
Occupation
Systems Engineer
We're off Southwest Pkwy in a 2023 AB Lariat purchased from Maxwell. Already in for a failed Frunk. Software reset seemed to fix it.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Hope everyone and their truck is staying safe today!

I stuffed about as much of my truck into the garage as I could as Iā€™ve got some pretty big oak branches hanging over my driveway.
Ford F-150 Lightning Austin owners 55676BBC-4C33-4AB2-BFBF-0913B3F53C4A

Ford F-150 Lightning Austin owners image

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I spent the last two weekends cleaning out my garage just so I could park the truck in it. So glad I did! But now I can't get out. I hope my trees survive.

Ford F-150 Lightning Austin owners 20230201_075026

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just received my Ford Charge Station Pro. If you live in the Austin area and also received one of these, who did you get to do your install? Also, has anyone in the area also installed the home integration system? I used Grazer 4 years ago to install my Tesla wall charger, but they have since doubled the price and they don't have to do much other than replace the Tesla unit with the Ford.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I just received my Ford Charge Station Pro. If you live in the Austin area and also received one of these, who did you get to do your install? Also, has anyone in the area also installed the home integration system? I used Grazer 4 years ago to install my Tesla wall charger, but they have since doubled the price and they don't have to do much other than replace the Tesla unit with the Ford.
If you are going to truly install the HIS then getting the FCSP installed makes sense. If not, you're likely better off buying a Tesla Tap Mini and using the Tesla charger for your truck.

Sponsored

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I am actually doing that now, using my Tesla wall charger with an adapter, which works well. I do intend to eventually install the HIS, and the Ford charge station was "free", so I intend to make the switch. I also think I can sell the Tesla wall charger and make a few bucks. (I have one that is autographed by Elon, so it should be worth a lot more, right? :rolleyes: )

Reactions: GDN

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I tried three electricians for installing the FCSP, and lost confidence in all three. To be fair, I was also asking them to simultaneously install a genny plug and equip to deal with the bonded neutral - but even discussing the FCSP install seemed confusing to them.

mid anyone has a good install experience, let me know. Iā€™m still sipping off my emergency cord and a 110 outlet, for 7 months now ā€¦

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I tried three electricians for installing the FCSP, and lost confidence in all three. To be fair, I was also asking them to simultaneously install a genny plug and equip to deal with the bonded neutral - but even discussing the FCSP install seemed confusing to them.

mid anyone has a good install experience, let me know. Iā€™m still sipping off my emergency cord and a 110 outlet, for 7 months now ā€¦
Grayzer Electric installed my Tesla wall charger a couple of years back and I had a good experience with them. They only do electric vehicle charge station installs but wouldn't do my FCSP because I also needed the HIS installed. You might give them a shout:

Jeff & Jessica Gray
Grayzer Electric

TECL # 28347
512-535-4120 Phone
Office Hours: M-F 8 AM - 3 PM
Closed weekends and holidays
www.grayzerelectric.com
[email protected]

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
Heads up if you need service on your Lightning, Covert on 183 is not the place to go. I needed to get a second key fob and update Ford Sync (I'm stuck on 3.5.4), so on the 29th scheduled an appointment for today, which was first available. I got there at 8am and they told me they needed the truck for 10 days to do the software update. I asked them why they didn't tell me that when I scheduled the appointment and I would come back in 10 days, and they said no, their service tech said it actually takes 10 days to do a software update and the vehicle had to remain there. Not exactly knowledgeable at all. No loaner either. Looking for service somewhere else.

• Sad

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
and I would come back in 10 days
unfortunately, this may be more common than you think. Iā€™ve run into the same general service issue with Leif Johnson of late

Specifically, they wonā€™t let you schedule for when they can actually put the truck ā€œon the rackā€ but instead to be at their lot and in the cue. In other words, the service ā€œappointments is merely for when they have space on their lot to accept your vehicle, and not until your vehicle is on the lot will it be in cue to eventually make it up on the rack.

this happened a few mo the back with my wifeā€™s expedition, which needed a new transmission. It was with them for almost 2 months.

let us know if you have a different experience elsewhere
Sponsored

• Sad