• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Automatic Updates toggle keeps turning off

Zacster

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Small Business Owner
I have only had my Lightning for about 2 months and of course no updates yet. I have started checking for updates and have noticed the auto update toggle is off every morning. I turn on every day check again before I go to bed and it’s on then in the morning it’s toggled off again. This has been happening every day this week and who knows how long. I am relatively sure that I am not sleep walking and turning off updates in the middle of the night. Anyone have this issue and how to I keep auto update toggle on permanently?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Zacster

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Can you clarify what you mean? I can check app but says I need to be in truck to make changes. Am I missing a step?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
When you first power on the truck, wait a minute or so when checking the updates screen, on rare occasions I've seen it initially display as [OFF] then later magically turns on, I thinks it's related to the slow boot up process of the Sync screen, etc.

OP
OP

Zacster

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Small Business Owner
I will do that. I am definitely impatient and that's the first thing I check when I start up. I will report back if that works.

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Can you clarify what you mean? I can check app but says I need to be in truck to make changes. Am I missing a step?
In the first update screen under automatic updates it should say whether it's off or on.

OP
OP

Zacster

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Yes that is what I am referring too. It’s on when I leave truck at night then off when I start up. Wife has the truck for errands so I did not check this morning if it was off again. Ford app always says it’s on but honestly I don’t trust the app compared to what the truck says. It’s possible that I need to wait a few min for truck to populate correct settings on start up but sure doesn’t make me feel great that truck says off then changes to on later. Could be why there are such sporadic updates if truck is randomly turning off automatic updates.

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Mazda MX-30 EV
Occupation
IT
I have only had my Lightning for about 2 months and of course no updates yet. I have started checking for updates and have noticed the auto update toggle is off every morning. I turn on every day check again before I go to bed and it’s on then in the morning it’s toggled off again. This has been happening every day this week and who knows how long. I am relatively sure that I am not sleep walking and turning off updates in the middle of the night. Anyone have this issue and how to I keep auto update toggle on permanently?
I'm interested to know what version of the updates you're on. I have a 2023 Lightning Lariat ER, I just got it in September 2023, and I am stuck on 4.2.1.3.
Sponsored