• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bad odor from A/C.

ktom

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightening, model Y
Occupation
Self employed
Where I live the A/C is on from April to November. I have recently started to get that moldy odor from the vents when I first turn on the vehicle.

Are there others who have experienced this? Did you have the dealer fix it? Do you know of another fix?

Thanks

The vehicle has spent 3+ weeks at the dealer for various things. Nothing major. I just don't want it to disappear for another week if I don't have to.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes. Same thing with all other vehicles whether it be ICE or EV.

Basically before shutting it off run the AC with exterior circulation vs interior circulation.

Also check/replace your interior cabin filter, easy to do. It's behind the glove box.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Where I live the A/C is on from April to November. I have recently started to get that moldy odor from the vents when I first turn on the vehicle.

Are there others who have experienced this? Did you have the dealer fix it? Do you know of another fix?

Thanks

The vehicle has spent 3+ weeks at the dealer for various things. Nothing major. I just don't want it to disappear for another week if I don't have to.
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this odor concern? Thank you!
Sponsored