• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bedliner Delay

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
I got a call from the dealer today that they received a notice that spray-in bedliner is holding up my wave 1 Pro order from scheduling (even after seeing many others posting scheduled orders w/ the spray-in liner).

I know the subject of spray-in delays has been beaten to death. Guess I just wasn’t one of the lucky ones to get a build scheduled with bedliner before Ford decided it would cause a delay.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
I would bet they have no idea what they are talking about and are falling back on that because it has happened before.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I would bet they have no idea what they are talking about and are falling back on that because it has happened before.

I would put money on this. The dealer just wants a story to tell you.

OP
OP
Captain337

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
Maybe. It’s been a couple of months since I last talked to him. It’s not like I’ve been pestering him for scheduling updates so his call was unprovoked. Also, it’s not like I signed an agreement to purchase an aftermarket liner through him so he’s essentially losing money by suggesting I remove it. I trust that he honestly believes it will make a difference so no hard feelings.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Who knows, maybe Ford expects to run out of liner on the scheduled orders? You never know with all the issues there have been the last year+. I hope that doesn't delay my delivery!

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Makes me glad I removed the spray in liner from my Pro. It’s unfortunate they won’t just let you remove it at this stage though.

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
Maybe. It’s been a couple of months since I last talked to him. It’s not like I’ve been pestering him for scheduling updates so his call was unprovoked. Also, it’s not like I signed an agreement to purchase an aftermarket liner through him so he’s essentially losing money by suggesting I remove it. I trust that he honestly believes it will make a difference so no hard feelings.

How far out is your expected delivery date? I seem to remember seeing an estimated 24 weeks on my order somewhere. I don't know if that means much, but it helps that I am not expecting on a truck until August. Hopefully the bedliner doesn't push it out past 6 months from order date

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
Spray-in bedliners are causing delays for all F-150 builds, not just Lightning (check the google). I actually removed mine from the order due to this. Can your dealer do the same, and you just get Line-X once it's delivered?

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
Spray-in bedliners are causing delays for all F-150 builds, not just Lightning (check the google). I actually removed mine from the order due to this. Can your dealer do the same, and you just get Line-X once it's delivered?
Spray liners have caused delays since covid became a thing, mostly owing to shortage of labor at shops which contracts the spray jobs from Ford. That being said, there hasnt been any good evidence showing spray liners being the critical path for scheduling in quite a number of months now. Internet being what it is, old information tends to linger.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Urban myth all the way. I was told the same thing here, on the street and by two dealers in Spring 2021 about my KR PowerBoost order. Placed order Feb 2021, produced 5/3/21, delivered 5/26/21. Zero impact from bedliner. Someone on this forum found out who the Dearborn contractor is, across the street from the Ford plant, and called. The owner laughed and said it was the biggest fallacy about Ford truck ordering. He has four-hour turn-around on bedliner jobs, does as many as 400 in 24 hours. Order what you want.

Sponsored

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
I added spray in bedliner to my Lariat+, and the schedule date has not changed yet.

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
FWIW, I decided to remove the spray in bedliner option from build simply for the fact that it only carries a 3 year warranty (in Canada at least), where as Line-X is lifetime.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I didnt add the spray in bedliner due to potential delays. Even if there's only a small chance the bedliner delays are true, then it's not worth the risk with two Line-X shops within an hour drive from my house. Same with a tonneau cover, I can pick one up somewhere after delivery no problem, so why not?

I've also been thinking of just putting down a bed mat. It's half the weight and my old knees will thank me.
Sponsored