• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Deal on a Ford PremiumCare EV??

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I used some Ford Points towards the purchase of the ESP so total cost for 8yr/100,000 was $1600. Figured $17/month was pretty cheap insurance, and again, relieves some concern over all the different companies who have a component in the vehicle.
Sponsored

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I went with Zeigler and painfully discount for 8 years 100k miles last night. Based on no way to extend battery warranty I'll be selling before 100k for sure.

Solar

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER - 2014 Escalade Platinum
Occupation
Accredited Investor
I used some Ford Points towards the purchase of the ESP so total cost for 8yr/100,000 was $1600. Figured $17/month was pretty cheap insurance, and again, relieves some concern over all the different companies who have a component in the vehicle.
Share the link and invoice please - it seems one should buy at the end of the 3 years/36k bumper to bumper warranty.

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Share the link and invoice please - it seems one should buy at the end of the 3 years/36k bumper to bumper warranty.
If you wait until the end of the 3yr warranty you may need to have a vehicle inspection before qualifying for an ESP. I would also worry about cost of ESP going up. If you're interested in extending coverage further out, then look at a 10 yr ESP.

Here is the link: https://www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

Ford F-150 Lightning Best Deal on a Ford PremiumCare EV?? Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 2.16.25 PM

Solar

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accredited Investor
If you wait until the end of the 3yr warranty you may need to have a vehicle inspection before qualifying for an ESP. I would also worry about cost of ESP going up. If you're interested in extending coverage further out, then look at a 10 yr ESP.

Here is the link: https://www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 2.16.25 PM.png
Thank you and that seems very reasonable especially given the poor performance at too many dealerships - so at least their mistakes will be paid for.

Sponsored

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Since the battery warranty runs out at 8 years 100k, I don't see any reason to go extended past t he same.

These do go up as years and miles increase too, I've bought 4 and best deal is within 1st year.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No.

You can get a Ford extended warranty until 41 months / 41,000 miles without an inspection. Cost goes up slightly after 12 months / 12,000 miles. Right off the Granger site: https://www.grangerfordextendedwarr...ave a Ford,vehicle's original in-service date.

Solar

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accredited Investor
No.

You can get a Ford extended warranty until 41 months / 41,000 miles without an inspection. Cost goes up slightly after 12 months / 12,000 miles. Right off the Granger site: https://www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/#:~:text=If you have a Ford,vehicle's original in-service date.
Interesting overlap for the 3 years/36k bumper to bumper coverage - in relation to the math for optimal "extended" coverage/expense.

"WHEN WILL MY EXTENDED WARRANTY BEGIN AND END?
Your warranty begins from your vehicle’s original in-service date and mileage. This is the date and mileage when a dealer first sold the vehicle as new. Coverage expires at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased."

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Interesting overlap for the 3 years/36k bumper to bumper coverage - in relation to the math for optimal "extended" coverage/expense.

Your warranty begins from your vehicle’s original in-service date and mileage. This is the date and mileage when a dealer first sold the vehicle as new. Coverage expires at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles purchased."
Right. If you don't get a 6 year policy, which is really a 3 year policy, it doesn't make much sense IMO. Many get an 8 year policy, i.e. 5 additional years.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Right. If you don't get a 6 year policy, which is really a 3 year policy, it doesn't make much sense IMO. Many get an 8 year policy, i.e. 5 additional years.
It seems like a fair value vs. debating greedy dealership service as to "what's covered or not" - 8 years of relative peace of mind - sell/trade it right at 8.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor

Point well taken.
Sponsored