Sponsored

Blue Oval Charging Network is Non-existent

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
The big issue with that trip is that there are zero options anywhere near the turnpike if those stations are down.
This is what scares me. In Bedford, the only nearby options are some RV parks. I end up taking rt 30 to Bedford from the west to save in efficiency, so that in an absolute emergency, I can limp to Carlisle maybe.

There is Bedford Ford right there, if they put in a few DCFC's then it would take some of the scare factor off Bedford. Heck, Tesla has TWO locations in Breezewood. One has like 20 stalls. Someone needs to do something about this.
Sponsored

I=V/R

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening, X5d, 328d
Occupation
retired
This is what scares me. In Bedford, the only nearby options are some RV parks. I end up taking rt 30 to Bedford from the west to save in efficiency, so that in an absolute emergency, I can limp to Carlisle maybe.

There is Bedford Ford right there, if they put in a few DCFC's then it would take some of the scare factor off Bedford. Heck, Tesla has TWO locations in Breezewood. One has like 20 stalls. Someone needs to do something about this.
I bailed on Ford BEV's last month. I received my Platinum in January, 2023. I was very unhappy with Ford for deleting the lay flat seats because I picked the Platinum trim over Lariat for those seats! Then to add insult to injury, Ford didn't provide anywhere near the value for the deleted options, smart scale, heated steering and "Multi-Contor Seats". And they increased the price $12,000. I was most unhappy that they deleted the Multi-contour seats which replaced the lay flat seats in the 2023 model year. I had a very early reservation and should have received a 2022 model year but I think my dealership delayed my order because I had received a Bronco in December of 2021. Which I sold back to the dealer after 6 months because FORD failed to provide any details about why the Badlands, 4 door with 2.7 Ecoboost had no OEM roof rack. You just could not order one with the VIN. I could have ordered one for another 4 door Bronco, but if there is a liability that FORD failed to share with Badlands owners, then where would I be if there was some sort of issue? AND I watched the issues with the 2.7 Ecoboost RUD, (Rapid Unscheduled Dissasembly) for 6 months too. The RUD's appeared to be due to a bad batch of valves. FORD never came out and identified the 2.7 engines with bad parts, and just allowed people to drive them until they blew up. There were owners who tracked these failures and it was very clear there were clusters of failed engines withLEP build dates over several months.

My confidence in FORD is now back to where it was my entire life. Ford is not a quality driven manufacture. They are profitable due to volume alone. SO, Good luck with your FORD BEV's. I doubt very much that legacy ICE Dealerships are going to be interested in helping BEV owner enjoy ownership, providing a fast charger network is not something they will prioritize. ICE Dealerships want to have your machine back in their shops so they can continue to rake in Warranty payments for repairs, plus regular oil changes. I think FORD pays more in Warranty claims than any US manufacture.

SO, I am looking for other options until the BEV charge infrastructure improves in Canada. It may take 5 years or more.