• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bug stain on front bumper

Kipp

First Name
Kipp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
So i took the truck on a road trip mid week and didn’t get a chance to wash it until this weekend. There are yellow spots left behind where i removed two bugs. Any ideas on how to remove the stains? I have tried pretty much everything i can think of within reason.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bug stain on front bumper IMG_7571

Ford F-150 Lightning Bug stain on front bumper IMG_7570
Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
This may sound weird but I recommend lots of water. I was struggling with bug stains on my grill until I noticed the bug strains pretty much disappeared in a heavy rain. Since then my preferred method of cleaning bug stains is just taking a bucket of water and keep rubbing the stains with a very wet rag.

DatOleMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat and 2022 Mach e Premium
So i took the truck on a road trip mid week and didn’t get a chance to wash it until this weekend. There are yellow spots left behind where i removed two bugs. Any ideas on how to remove the stains? I have tried pretty much everything i can think of within reason.

IMG_7571.jpeg

IMG_7570.jpeg
Lots of water and a fabric softener sheet.