Sponsored

Can you plug the Lightning into an EcoFlow home backup system’s generator input?

owl123

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Honda Odyssey
I’m looking at getting an EcoFlow system with the EcoFlow DELTA Pro Ultra or the EcoFlow DELTA Pro 3 and then a EcoFlow Smart Home Panel 2.

EcoFlow advertises that inputs can be from grid, solar, or a generator.

So would it be possible to run a cord from the bed of the Lightning to the generator input for EcoFlow system?

I realize this would be a manual plug in process but I’m okay with that given the issues I’ve read about with Ford’s HIS and the instantaneous backup available through the EcoFlow battery.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Following.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If your goal is to replenish the charge in any of the Ecoflow systems, you could take the AC 240vx30a PPOB output to AC charge the EF systems.

Then allow the EF systems to continue powering your critical circuits when the Lightning needs to be driven away for work or to visit a DCFC for replenishing the traction battery.

OP
OP

owl123

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Honda Odyssey
Thanks for the links!

I may be confused here, but I wasn't thinking about using their EcoFlow generator. I was thinking there could be two potential paths to get power from the Lightning to the EcoFlow system:

1. Plug the 240v PPOB output into the EcoFlow DPU. The manual states AC input as follows (https://manuals.ecoflow.com/us/product/delta-pro-ultra?lang=en_US):

Ford F-150 Lightning Can you plug the Lightning into an EcoFlow home backup system’s generator input? 1727881020763-s

2. Plug the 240v PPOB output into the EcoFlow SHP2. The manual states a compatible generator as "120V single phase / 240V split phase (3-12kW)." Not sure if the Lightning's PPOB output could be this "compatible generator"? Here are some additional details from the SHP2 manual (https://manuals.ecoflow.com/us/product/smart-home-panel-2?lang=en_US):

Ford F-150 Lightning Can you plug the Lightning into an EcoFlow home backup system’s generator input? 1727881246242-7k

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
The smart home panel looks like a nice solution if we can easily just plug into it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the links!

I may be confused here, but I wasn't thinking about using their EcoFlow generator. I was thinking there could be two potential paths to get power from the Lightning to the EcoFlow system:

1. Plug the 240v PPOB output into the EcoFlow DPU. The manual states AC input as follows (https://manuals.ecoflow.com/us/product/delta-pro-ultra?lang=en_US):

1727881020763-sg.jpg

2. Plug the 240v PPOB output into the EcoFlow SHP2. The manual states a compatible generator as "120V single phase / 240V split phase (3-12kW)." Not sure if the Lightning's PPOB output could be this "compatible generator"? Here are some additional details from the SHP2 manual (https://manuals.ecoflow.com/us/product/smart-home-panel-2?lang=en_US):

1727881246242-7k.jpg
I have the original Pro's with extra batteries, SHP-1 and infinity cables that carry 120V ac and communications lines between the the battery inverters and smart home panel.

I'm not fully informed about the later generation capabilities, Might be possible, but I would be concerned about "compatible" meaning requires proprietary communications & power cables from the generating device to the SHP-2, EcoFlow enjoy's locking its customers in to their hardware and accessories, so substituting the Lightnings PPOB 120 or 240 vAC might not work.

More digging needed into the manuals & requirements for compatible AC generators.
Sponsored