• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CANADA: Silverado EV pricing is making me think twice re Lightning

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
Stopped by the Chevy dealer last week to gander at the Silverado EV. They had a 4WT on the lot, and I didn't realize that Canadian pricing is WAY more aggressive than in the US. The 4WT is $83k CDN (approx $60K USD) and the 3WT is $74.5k CDN ($54K USD). Still a ton of money, but I was considering spending up to $70k CDN Lightning. This has way more battery, hundreds of km more range, heat pump, and much faster charging. And a promise of Tesla access to come "soon". It looks kind of ugly, way more ostentatious and "look at me" than the Lightning, and friggin heavy (8500lb) but making me go "hmm". Also seems like the WT models are available off the lot to consumers and not just fleets in Canada.
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Sounds like they're providing more truck for your buck... I love my lightning, and I don't like the "avalanche" style bed. But given that price difference, I'd see myself going with the Silverado.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
I didn't realize that Canadian pricing is WAY more aggressive than in the US.

4WT is $83k CDN (approx $60K USD)
3WT is $74.5k CDN ($54K USD).

I was considering spending up to $70k CDN Lightning.
Blade Chevrolet in Washington state is selling a few 3WT Silverados for $75,445 USD each, which is around $103,000 CDN

To get to the $75,445, they start with a $72,995 base price
$545 bedliner
$1,995 Destination charge
$75,445 total

Washington state Ford dealers are selling the 2024 Flash ER for a base MSRP $67,995, plus $2095 destination charge = $70,090 USD, which is around $96,000 CDN

The Silverado 3WT doesn't qualify for the US federal tax exemption of $7500 that a lot of buyers here would qualify for. An F-150 Lightning Flash that costs less than $80,000 does qualify.

What can you get in the way of an F-150 Lightning in Canada for the $70K CDN you say you were thinking of?

OP
OP

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I could get a ‘23 XLT ER new leftover for $67k CDN, or a ‘23 Lariat ER demo for $72. A ‘24 SR Pro is about $65k if I can find one, an SR XLT is $74. The latter 2 24’s are eligible for a $10k tax rebate where I live.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Stopped by the Chevy dealer last week to gander at the Silverado EV. They had a 4WT on the lot, and I didn't realize that Canadian pricing is WAY more aggressive than in the US. The 4WT is $83k CDN (approx $60K USD) and the 3WT is $74.5k CDN ($54K USD). Still a ton of money, but I was considering spending up to $70k CDN Lightning. This has way more battery, hundreds of km more range, heat pump, and much faster charging. And a promise of Tesla access to come "soon". It looks kind of ugly, way more ostentatious and "look at me" than the Lightning, and friggin heavy (8500lb) but making me go "hmm". Also seems like the WT models are available off the lot to consumers and not just fleets in Canada.
I could get a ‘23 XLT ER new leftover for $67k CDN, or a ‘23 Lariat ER demo for $72. A ‘24 SR Pro is about $65k if I can find one, an SR XLT is $74. The latter 2 24’s are eligible for a $10k tax rebate where I live.
That is quite interesting! Tesla access will probably be a long time based on the adapter Issues we are facing as Ford was the first to sign up! Are the tax Incentives not available for the ‘23 models? They may be willing to deal on the leftover and demo units? That giant battery is appealing!

Sponsored
OP
OP

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can’t get the federal and provincial tax credits on any of the ER models, just SR. Based on MSRP and not selling price.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner

Richie740

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm not sure if the release is the same in Canada but right now in the States the WT is Only available to fleet owners. The top of the line RST model in only available for individuals to purchase.

Richie740

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I just purchased my 23 Lariat in May with 13K miles for $59K

Sponsored

rockhead

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Flash
Occupation
Geek
That is a little crazy but interesting. I wonder why they did not include the ER models??
Also saw this…FYI
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/advice/chevrolet-silverado-ev-vs.-ford-f-150-lightning
SHORT RANGE thinking. It is a side effect of not wanting to subsidize wankers buying Hummer EVs , based simply on price with the ER pushing it over the top :sadface: . I sucked it up and bagged a '24 Flash.
Worthwhile note all the 24's have the heatpump , I saw a press release, dealers have no clue #sad

OP
OP

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm not sure if the release is the same in Canada but right now in the States the WT is Only available to fleet owners. The top of the line RST model in only available for individuals to purchase.
No, here the WT is available to consumers according to my dealer, and I got an email offering to build and order one, including the WT variants

OP
OP

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just purchased my 23 Lariat in May with 13K miles for $59K
So a ‘23 Lariat ER new could be picked up here for about $75k Cdn, or $54-ish USD. The demo I was looking at was cheaper but 6k miles (10k kms)

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
SHORT RANGE thinking. It is a side effect of not wanting to subsidize wankers buying Hummer EVs , based simply on price with the ER pushing it over the top :sadface: . I sucked it up and bagged a '24 Flash.
Worthwhile note all the 24's have the heatpump , I saw a press release, dealers have no clue #sad
Yes, many (maybe most) of the dealers are not very informed on the vehicles themselves as well as how the tax Incentives work!!!
I think that is why the US did the MSRP limit of $80K to me that makes more sense than putting a standard range versus extended range limit on the tax breaks!

OP
OP

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Canada tax break is also based on MSRP. To be eligible a model has to have a base model under $60k (Pro SR is 59,990) and can include eligible higher trims up to $70k (XLT SR is $69,900). No ER trims have an MSRP that qualifies even if a dealer would sell it for less.
Sponsored