• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can't DCFC: {fixed post 19}

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Thank you so much for this. I called the service dept today and I'm going to drop off my truck Monday morning first thing so they can mess with it while I am on my road trip. I'll be sure to have them check the Charge Port Actuator...
It's probably too late, but make sure they understand that this is only when using a high speed CCS charger, and that it works fine when using a wall charger. Dealers don't know their ass from their elbows when it comes to this stuff. I foresee them plugging it into their wall charger and noting down "works for me, must be customer's wall outlet"
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Unless they have a DCFC onsite, SoCal, so there is a high possibility!!

OP
OP
derelict

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT ER
Update: Dealer called me today and told me they found the problem. They said it was almost exactly the TSB listed before, TSB 22-2355 but the number was different it is TSB 23-2014. I looked that up and it is identical but just updates the model years. So yes, charge port actuator.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10233580-0001.pdf

They said they hope to get the parts tomorrow and get it fixed by Thursday. That would be perfect because I get back from my road trip Thursday night and can pick it up Friday. I will report back once I have confirmed L3 charging is working.

OP
OP
derelict

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT ER
OK, Picked up my truck today from the dealer, first thing I did was go to an EA L3 station and confirmed that fast charging worked there. Then went to a Tesla supercharger and confirmed that charging worked with an A2Z Typohoon adapter. So problem solved!

Here are the tech notes from the paperwork:

TEST VEHICLE FOR NOT CHARGING AT FAST CHARGING STATIONS. PERFORM IDS TEST. HAD CODES P0D94 AND P0D56 IN SOBDM. FOUND TSB 23-2014 FOR CODE P0D94. INSPECTED CHARGE PORT LOCK PIN AND PIN WAS LOOSE. PER TSB HAD TO REPLACE CHARGE PORT LOCK ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY. ERASE CODES AND RETEST SYSTEM OK. CC-01 10D737

Here is the timeline:
Called Dealer on Friday
Dropped of Truck Monday morning
They started diagnosis on Tuesday, found issue, ordered parts
Repairs done on Thursday
Picked up Truck on Friday
So overall 1 week, but really 3-4 days.
Sponsored