• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

*Fixed!* - Urgent! NO INSTRUMENT PANEL!

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Even if it is, I don’t really want to find out the hard way that it needs replacing.

Mine turns 2 soon and I’m searching for lithium options, absent of any I’ll go AGM with mine. I haven’t found many yet, just this one so far from a brand I’ve never heard of. (*Note: The teardowns show this particular battery is NOT a good quality with potential safety concerns)

8074b0_ec916157667d41f686252a10215ba84d~mv2.jpg
Interesting video, I saw alot of discussion people buying Ohmmu batteries. I think EarthX is floating around as a candidate for lithium battery. I do see a thread on the tesla forums about a person having issues with EarthX too though.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Interesting video, I saw alot of discussion people buying Ohmmu batteries. I think EarthX is floating around as a candidate for lithium battery. I do see a thread on the tesla forums about a person having issues with EarthX too though.
That’s the common problem with a lot of these lithiums unfortunately…

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
back to the OP topic, I had my dashboard do the same thing on two consecutive starts back on November 21st of 2023. Going to lunch, and 45 minutes later coming back from lunch. Here is my dash:
Ford F-150 Lightning *Fixed!* - Urgent! NO INSTRUMENT PANEL! 1703775858822

I happened to be taking the truck in for recall work (tailgate lightbar) and CSP (heated steering wheel upgrade) the following Monday, and had an open correspondence with Ford Motor Company via this forum at the time, so they checked it out while they had the truck. They couldn't reproduce it and seemed to write it off as a 1-day glitch. It hadn't happened since.

Just FYI, I was able to maintain speed awareness via Waze thru Apple CarPlay.

Good to know that the solution is simply unplugging the negative battery terminal.

rtk11226

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning/1991 Chev 1500/1976 Corvette
Occupation
Retired IT/Engineer

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Glad you waited until getting home, no telling why this happened, but if you had just come out of an update that processes without a prolonged downtime, it might have been an after effect of an update, what was your most recent OTA, 6.5, 6.8, 6.13??????

I'm planning to replace the OEM LVB with a higher capacity unit next summer when my truck turns two.

I have an XS Titan Power Lithium Ion Battery RSV-S5, wired in parallel with my OEM battery to assist my 12v system. I have several audio amplifiers and so far, the truck seems to be ok with the addition. I added it in August.

Ford F-150 Lightning *Fixed!* - Urgent! NO INSTRUMENT PANEL! ExtraLVB

Ford F-150 Lightning *Fixed!* - Urgent! NO INSTRUMENT PANEL! RSV-S5-turn

OP
OP
LifeAsDane

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
Not to hijack the thread, but I didn't realize that the battery only had a 24 month warranty on it. I guess since mine is a 22, I will be replacing it next year.
I would expect it to still be covered under your Ford warranty even after 24mo. I'll also add this 12v was already replaced about 3months ago when my truck started failing to update OTA. Ford replaced it and forced update to get it to start working again.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Not to hijack the thread, but I didn't realize that the battery only had a 24 month warranty on it. I guess since mine is a 22, I will be replacing it next year.
Half-size battery, half-size power, half-size warranty.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
back to the OP topic, I had my dashboard do the same thing on two consecutive starts back on November 21st of 2023. Going to lunch, and 45 minutes later coming back from lunch. Here is my dash:
1703775858822.png

I happened to be taking the truck in for recall work (tailgate lightbar) and CSP (heated steering wheel upgrade) the following Monday, and had an open correspondence with Ford Motor Company via this forum at the time, so they checked it out while they had the truck. They couldn't reproduce it and seemed to write it off as a 1-day glitch. It hadn't happened since.

Just FYI, I was able to maintain speed awareness via Waze thru Apple CarPlay.

Good to know that the solution is simply unplugging the negative battery terminal.
Mine did this today too. Died several restarts and nothing. Took it to the dealer and scheduled an appointment and it worked when driving away.

Just needed to show the lightning it needed to be nice or I would make it go back to Ford🤣😂

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Yes, I've read that, and also that AGM-based lead acid batteries withstand deep discharge better than classic lead acid batteries. I just wonder why Ford is so stingy about keeping the LVB charged up. It will happen all the time if one's driving. Why not have it happen all the time if the vehicle is plugged into a charger; if necessary, when the HVB isn't charging? So, my worry was if the vehicle's mainly designed always to be charging when it's turned "on," am I doing something different that's not so good when I'm charging it all the time in full-accessory mode with the cooling not running for the HVB (and the engines), etc. Ignorance leads to uncertainty, which leads to (needless) worry. Ford clearly recognizes the problem with EVs in storage or little driven but they don't have a "no-brainer" solution, IMHO. This 2020 article, before the Lightning, by a Ford battery expert, is more direct than our owner's manual on addressing the importance of keeping the LVB charged up: How to Self-Isolate Your Electrified Vehicle | Ford Media Center
Improved 12V battery management should be coming in the near future for the Lightning. Some MMEs have already gotten this update (the MME version was 23-PU1024-MCP-FX). It will show as a powertrain update.
Sponsored