Carplay sound issues with iOS 18.1 developer beta

temtxford

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Not sure if this is a truck issue or iOS issue. When connected, the sound comes thru very tinny just thru the speakers up by the window. Zero bass. After 5 minutes or so it usually connects where is it fully coming thru the sound system. This is for any audio from the phone thru Carplay. Podcast, Music, etc... Been going on about 3 weeks. My first inclination is that it is an issue with the 18.1 developer beta. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
Funny you mention this. I don’t run iOS beta, but I am running 18. I have a fully customized stereo I installed in the car. I tune with a DSP. I did the same thing with my Mach-E. Lately, I will spend an hour or so as I am finalizing the DSP of the car, and I am amazed at the results. Then the next day when I get in the car, I feel like “what the heck happened to the sound? Did I tune that badly? Where is the bass?”. It happened to me this morning. For about 10 minutes I was driving completely frustrated because I didn’t understand how my tune last night could’ve been so off. Eventually, it starts to sound normal. Man, this is frustrating!

Since 18, I also have issues with no sound through CarPlay until I reboot the phone. In addition I am getting Apple Music sound drop-outs in the car, and on MiniPod speakers.