• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

charge level setting

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
man these engineers and programmers, I am technically savvy guy but last night my truck charged to 100 percent I did not change the 80 percent level but it charged to 100, ok np I will set it back to 80 NP

Wrong, so I went through every setting in that trucks menus and cannot find where I set the charge limit to, found it on the app and it is set to 100, change to 80 hit save, nope still 100

how do i set this back to 80 seeing ford feels they need to make this as difficult as they can to find.

note the truck was charging at the time I was trying to find this setting and maybe it is not visible while charging?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Using the trucks SYNC screen
Go to the Apps screen, locate the Charging app.
Delete all the charging schemes.

Since you're already at 100% it might not be possible to build a new scheme at the moment, after you've driven down the current charge over the next day or two.... etc., plug into your EVSE, revisit the Charging app on the Sync screen, while it's charging create a new scheme, set the location for what the GPS coordinates are for your parking spot, set your regular 80% maximum SOC, set your weekday and weekend time frames, save it.

Make sure that the scheme is selected as prefered, check box on.

Hopefully that will correct the situation.

The revisions should show up in Fordpass as your prefered charging scheme.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
This has happened to me as well. I have not had any updates yet as I have a recall to fix the update issue. You have to change it twice. It will save the change when you do it the second time.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I have the same problem and have to save the charge setting twice to get it "stick"... (the first time I suppose is just a "recommendation" ... LOL)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nomoregas

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Ford Really! its the little things in life! please care enough to fix the easy ones for us.

its this simple

Please set charge level HERE! _____

Sponsored

Sedawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
Setting a max charge level is one of these simple software features that Ford has completely messed up - like showing the charging speed on the dash.

If you manage to get a one-time max charge setting to stick it will reset if the truck is shutoff. This caused me grief as I left my truck at the airport Park-in-Fly. They charge EVs for free so I set a max one-time charge to 80%. Did it twice and noted that I could see the 80% on the screen. Well I return and guess what - the truck is at 100%!

I experimented and found the one-time charge setting is reset every time you turn off the truck. Why you can’t set a global max charge limit that is applied in all situations and only overridden by your local charge setting is beyond me.

Again - it goes to my point that Ford’s software engineers don’t drive EVs.

MurphysLaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER,Cayman,Miata,Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Seems like they might prioritize this eventually, when they are replacing battery packs under extended warranties due to charging to 100% all the time.
Sponsored