Sponsored

Chip Holds Are Back

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Several of us in the 8/15 build week got the dreaded chip hold status. The trucks were in production and at ramp 51 flat rock before updating to chip hold several days later.

Anyone have a similar experience or have any ballpark on how long the chip holds last? Or even what the hold could be for? A little strange that it made it to ramp 51 before the chip hold was placed.

I know some have waited months in ramp 51 status, but looking more for generalities.
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
My wait was 55 days from production to built, and then an additional 29 days to ship...and I'm not the worst-case scenario.

newF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Several of us in the 8/15 build week got the dreaded chip hold status. The trucks were in production and at ramp 51 flat rock before updating to chip hold several days later.

Anyone have a similar experience or have any ballpark on how long the chip holds last? Or even what the hold could be for? A little strange that it made it to ramp 51 before the chip hold was placed.

I know some have waited months in ramp 51 status, but looking more for generalities.
How do you know you’re on a chip hold?

F150LTNG

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Ford F-150 Lightning Chip Holds Are Back AA26E575-CCB1-454A-BC78-ADBA8EB9AB4B

This is what mine says I’m assuming it’s all built and waiting to be shipped out.

BoostedKWs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting Lariat SR
Occupation
EV Charging Engineering Director
How do you know you’re on a chip hold?
Ford chat will tell you or your dealer. It's in a comments field on the vehicle visibility report.

Sponsored

BoostedKWs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting Lariat SR
Occupation
EV Charging Engineering Director
My wait was 55 days from production to built, and then an additional 29 days to ship...and I'm not the worst-case scenario.
Was yours a chip hold or them getting the production kinks out?

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
And this took place at ramp 51? So normal flow to get to ramp 51 — a week or so — and then on chip hold for 50ish days?
I don't remember if the VVR that said chip hold was at Area 51, but I do know when someone said yes to my activation request it was at Flat Rock. VVR after ship said 51. I'm typically too busy during the day to bug Ford. Never tried chat and went into the dealership twice to get a VVR (after I suspected chip hold and then to get railcar number).

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I had a chip hold for a short time from the May 23 week, but truly that may just be the generic hold they throw on them these days. I have no proof or idea what chips or modules I was waiting on, but I do know I had at least one rear seat that was added after it went down the assembly line - there was a tog on the back of the seat with a June 2 date on it and my VIN. There many parts of various kinds which are holding up the trucks from being finished.

OP
OP

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
I had a chip hold for a short time from the May 23 week, but truly that may just be the generic hold they throw on them these days. I have no proof or idea what chips or modules I was waiting on, but I do know I had at least one rear seat that was added after it went down the assembly line - there was a tog on the back of the seat with a June 2 date on it and my VIN. There many parts of various kinds which are holding up the trucks from being finished.

Ok good to know. Was that while you were at ramp 51 as well?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Ok good to know. Was that while you were at ramp 51 as well?
I never officially spent time at Ramp 51 that I know. I've followed pretty closely here for 9 months and I don't think Ramp 51 really became into play until July some time. Have no idea where the truck was being held to be honest.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
There are something like 1,700 chips in the truck. My Mach-E was in production for 6 weeks, then in a lot for 2 months.
Sponsored