Sponsored

Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
o get back on topic though, I am not sure a class action suit is viable or warranted at this point. You just need to have the current system software for all components.
Which nobody at Ford is making any effort to implement in a timely manner. This disaster of a system has been sold and installed since 2022, and they're just not getting around to maybe giving some people a software update that may make it work better. "You might need to spend 3 years begging for someone to do something to maybe make it work" was not part of the deal.
Sponsored

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Which nobody at Ford is making any effort to implement in a timely manner. This disaster of a system has been sold and installed since 2022, and they're just not getting around to maybe giving some people a software update that may make it work better. "You might need to spend 3 years begging for someone to do something to maybe make it work" was not part of the deal.
I don't disagree with you. The system should have been flawless from first delivery.

The issue is that a product not working as expected is probably not going to win a case. You would actually have to be harmed in order to make a class action suit viable. Only those who lost food or income, or health during a power outage where the HIS failed to do its job would likely have a case. Just having a system, that is now fixed for free (regardless of how you feel about the process) it likely not enough.

I personally have a stronger case than most, because I lost power for 5 days back in May, and was not able to use my PPO due to my truck being in the dealer shop for a bad battery module (this was before having the HIS system). I lost some food etc, although I certainly was not financially harmed more than a small claims court case, and even that would be a stretch.

Until people die in their sleep because of a failed HIS system causing their medical devices to stop working, it is going to be a stretch.

I would prefer to help people get their systems working and make it better for everyone.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Just having a system, that is now fixed for free (regardless of how you feel about the process) it likely not enough.
That's the problem. It's not fixed. Maybe yours is. But everyone else who bought a think and demonstrates that it doesn't work absolutely has grounds for a suite. The loss is you paying $10,000 for parts and labor for product that is defective and does not work as advertised. This is further substantiated by Ford and Sunrun literally telling their customers "yeah it doesn't work and we don't know why, sorry, bye."
Sponsored