• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Energy Storage/Whole Home Backup/Home Integration System (HIS)

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
If you are thinking about buying a Lightning, you need to buy one with Pro Power OnBoard. I bought a 23 XLT Lightning with the PPOB and no other options, not even the $500 charging cable. The PPOB system should be standard on the Lightnings in my opinion.
PPOB 9.6kW - is an option on some - was on my 2023 Pro.
They all have the 2.4kW version standard, some have the 9.6kW standard.

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT SR
Does the HIS allow any F150 to plug in and power your house? I thought I read something where there was a pairing step when setting up HIS. Maybe this was a connection with your phone and not the truck, I don't recall. The question is, is the HIS specific to a single truck or can any truck be plugged in? I am considering a research project where we install many (5?, 10?) HIS systems on public buildings to use for backup power. Problems with reliability aside, can any F150 truck plug in? How about ANY CCS vehicle?

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Does the HIS allow any F150 to plug in and power your house? I thought I read something where there was a pairing step when setting up HIS. Maybe this was a connection with your phone and not the truck, I don't recall. The question is, is the HIS specific to a single truck or can any truck be plugged in? I am considering a research project where we install many (5?, 10?) HIS systems on public buildings to use for backup power. Problems with reliability aside, can any F150 truck plug in? How about ANY CCS vehicle?
I believe HIS is only for the Ford lightning! My understanding is that at this point in time only the lightning and the cyber truck have the bidirectional capability that is required for this type of set up. However I do not believe Tesla has come out with whatever software is necessary for you to do it with the cyber truck and would also require the power wall three. This could have changed in the last few months and I could be wrong, but this was my understanding!!
Sponsored