Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Too many cooks in the kitchen. The engineering teams got it working but there's no single overarching owner to the process. Of course the engineers got it work on Version 12.2 but Sunrun updated their hardware and firmware and Ford moved to Olympus Version 6.8 that no longer supports widget level macros and changed the IR Protocol to the newest AEII 11.2 standard etc etc etc ... too many moving parts and no owner

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
Too many cooks in the kitchen. The engineering teams got it working but there's no single overarching owner to the process. Of course the engineers got it work on Version 12.2 but Sunrun updated their hardware and firmware and Ford moved to Olympus Version 6.8 that no longer supports widget level macros and changed the IR Protocol to the newest AEII 11.2 standard etc etc etc ... too many moving parts and no owner
I think this sums up the issue well. I have avoided the home integration system and will continue to do so until another solution arrives. CA is already getting ready to mandate EVs are bidirectional so it seems inevitable that other hardware solutions have to be on the horizon. But it’s anyone’s guess if Ford will make these work with the current gen Lightning. I really hope they do.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I think this sums up the issue well. I have avoided the home integration system and will continue to do so until another solution arrives. CA is already getting ready to mandate EVs are bidirectional so it seems inevitable that other hardware solutions have to be on the horizon. But it’s anyone’s guess if Ford will make these work with the current gen Lightning. I really hope they do.
I'm hoping Massachusetts follow suit and guessing they will soon. Luckily, I'd assume (danger!) that "a battery is a battery" so it won't be up to Ford to decide if the Lighning will work with a V2G integration.
Sponsored