First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
I just got a text from them and it asked if I have any questions. I asked a question and I felt like I am communicating with a confused AI with a lot of canned text. It answered a question I did not ask. I asked if it is human I am talking to and it said yes. But later I got a text “Sorry, the bot can’t talk for a while”. I am not sure If I was talking to an AI that is not self aware yet, or one that was not restricted by honesty. It is likely a mix of bots and humans. I think the experience may vary pending which agent you get connected with. So far, the forum has always been more helpful for me but if I get stuck somewhere, I may reach out to them.

It suggested I should go to a dealer to get a good answer. Let me know what you think of it and what you think is the best use of this service.
I still know no way to send a text to them. I signed up and got no response. I followed their published procedure and sent an email. I got no response.

I suppose Ford could have announced that the program existed before it was functional. Here's what Farley wrote, Sept 30 2024, about the 24/7 text support part of the Ford Power Promise program Ford was unveiling:

"We're also expanding our 24/7 Ford advisor for electric vehicle support — you'll be talking or texting with real people. We are here when you need us." - his full text here

I see no use for a "service" that is supposed to give Ford EV owners 24/7 access to "real people" "for electric vehicle support" that connects customers to bots that are only intermittently functional.

Ford should consider under promising and over providing, or at least it should consider living up to what it says it is doing, as opposed to announcing the dreams or lies of a few top people announcing things that the company can't or won't come up with.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I still know no way to send a text to them. I signed up and got no response. I followed their published procedure and sent an email. I got no response.

I suppose Ford could have announced that the program existed before it was functional. Here's what Farley wrote, Sept 30 2024, about the 24/7 text support part of the Ford Power Promise program Ford was unveiling:

"We're also expanding our 24/7 Ford advisor for electric vehicle support — you'll be talking or texting with real people. We are here when you need us." - his full text here

I see no use for a "service" that is supposed to give Ford EV owners 24/7 access to "real people" "for electric vehicle support" that connects customers to bots that are only intermittently functional.

Ford should consider under promising and over providing, or at least it should consider living up to what it says it is doing, as opposed to announcing the dreams or lies of a few top people announcing things that the company can't or won't come up with.
Even if they figure out the logistics of making a real person available immediately, the most important thing is that person being competent. Just reading off of a tree chart without understanding anything, will cost Ford more money without providing value. They need to train their people well.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning - XLT SR (Max Tox / Pro Power)
Even if they figure out the logistics of making a real person available immediately, the most important thing is that person being competent. Just reading off of a tree chart without understanding anything, will cost Ford more money without providing value. They need to train their people well.
This is what frustrated me the most when calling Ford about my issues. It was apparent they didn't know what to tell me. I don't know if it was because of a lack of knowledge or training, but it was a terrible experience.
Sponsored