Cruise Control Cancel's in the Same Spot

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Sounds like everyone here is focused on lane centering (e.g., LKA, Blue Cruise). But you’re referring to speed control, right? In other words your truck will begin to slow down and not maintain speed?
If so, my only thought is that you have speed sign recognition on and it sees what it thinks is a 5 or 10 mph sign and disengages.
+1
Sponsored

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
I've been observing this system on my previous truck and this one through several software updates. My unscientific opinion is that when the width of the lane is slightly smaller than some spec, lane-centering and bluecruise shuts off. The country road I drive to town is striped, but for most of the distance, the width is a few inches too narrow. Once it widens a bit, lane-centering becomes active. Likewise, on a nearby stretch of I-64, between two exits, the left-hand lane is visibly narrower by a few inches and blue cruise never activates. However, if I switch to the passing lane, it works perfectly. Once I get past the exit, I can switch back to the left-hand lane and blue cruise works again. So, I don't think it has to do with mapping, I think it has to do with lane width specifications.

Again...all this is simply from observing a lot, no experiments with paint, or anything.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
like @bmwhitetx said, is there a speed limit change at that same spot? If you have the speed limit sign detection setting on it will adjust your cruise control when it sees a change. That is something I wish you could modify to say go +7 (or so) over that sign... ;)

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
like @bmwhitetx said, is there a speed limit change at that same spot? If you have the speed limit sign detection setting on it will adjust your cruise control when it sees a change. That is something I wish you could modify to say go +7 (or so) over that sign... ;)
You can. It's labelled "tolerance"

Billc77

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I use the Blue Cruise feature every time I travel to the nearest small town. The Parkway is mapped and it works great. There is one section where the system shuts down for about 200 yards and then comes back. It consistent and I have yet to figure out what there is about that section that shuts it down.
I have a similar experience on my daily commute. There's a portion of my drive 18 miles of highway that Bluecruise works well with. There are two places driving through an underpasses where the truck says Jesus take the wheel for about a tenth of a mile. No reason that I can figure out, it goes through many others without any issues. I figure it must be gremlins living under the bridge, who knows.
Sponsored