• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CyberTruck Fires begin

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure why every EV catching on fire is news. ICE vehicles have been catching on fire for nearly 140 years.
Exactly, and it crashed into a fire hydrant, not like it just spontaneously combusted.
Sponsored

Turiettly

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
volvo v50
I've had my share of EVs and ICE vehicles, and I get the concern about fires. It’s true, fires happen with all kinds of vehicles. But, since EVs are newer, any incident grabs more attention. From my experience, though, EV fires seem less common than with traditional vehicles. Still, it's crucial to have robust safety measures for both types. Regular maintenance and awareness can go a long way in preventing these issues. Just my two cents, based on what I've seen with my own rides.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Worked at a DPW. In areas that don’t freeze they’ll have what is called a wet barrel hydrant. Places that freeze will have a dry barrel hydrant.
Wet barrel has a valve right near the top. Dry barrel the valve is ~6 feet below ground.
A dry barrel can be hit and is designed to shear off at ground level and because the valve is below ground usually won’t leak when hit.
Ford F-150 Lightning CyberTruck Fires begin IMG_0652