• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dash Rattle

tjh20290

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I've got a 2023 XLT and I've developed a small rattle on the passenger. Hard for me to pin down because I'm mainly a solo driver. I *think* it is the trim around the passenger side vent on the end. The trim with the US flag on it. It seems lose when I wiggle it and very different from my driver side. I was thinking about removing it to see if it came loose. Anyone had success with this? Tried searching for previous posts but found nothing. Thanks in advance. PS I'd post a pic but the truck is in for 10K and the two CSPs.
Sponsored

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
Aren't they going to check the rattle for you during the 10k checup?

OP
OP

tjh20290

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I wish. They said they'd have to send it to the body shop and that would take longer since I didn't have an appointment for that.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I've got a 2023 XLT and I've developed a small rattle on the passenger. Hard for me to pin down because I'm mainly a solo driver. I *think* it is the trim around the passenger side vent on the end. The trim with the US flag on it. It seems lose when I wiggle it and very different from my driver side. I was thinking about removing it to see if it came loose. Anyone had success with this? Tried searching for previous posts but found nothing. Thanks in advance. PS I'd post a pic but the truck is in for 10K and the two CSPs.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
I have this as well. I'm pretty sure I locked it down but still need to take it to the dealer again to fix (not their fault, I thought it was coming from the vent area also and told them as such).

If it's the same that I have it's coming from the passenger side fake wooden fascia on the door. If you shim something between it and the window the rattle is massively reduced/eliminated. I used some rubber pads that fit there. I also have a 2023 XLT for what it's worth.

Sponsored

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Just to double check too this is the rattle you hear?

Rwidman

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Ford F150 Limited
I have the same rattle in the same location. I have a 23 Platinum and this just started happening a few weeks ago. Not sure what it is, checked behind the glovebox, behind the fuse panel under the dash, at the frunk fuse box, under the body, under the dash and cannot find the problem. Hope to see success from others in finding the problem.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
I fixed this exact rattle. It's the black triangular piece of plastic on the door near the mirror. It's held on by the typical clips you find on the interior. I reseated it and bye bye clicking

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have this as well. I'm pretty sure I locked it down but still need to take it to the dealer again to fix (not their fault, I thought it was coming from the vent area also and told them as such).

If it's the same that I have it's coming from the passenger side fake wooden fascia on the door. If you shim something between it and the window the rattle is massively reduced/eliminated. I used some rubber pads that fit there. I also have a 2023 XLT for what it's worth.
Hi there, go ahead and send us a private message with your full name and VIN, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
I have this too, and my steering wheel is also loose (about an inch of headspace/play between 11:30 and 12:30 of the wheel that started up after they fixed an AC compressor issue). It really bothers me that a near $100k vehicle sound so rickety every time I hit uneven road. Hopefully they can figure it out at my 30k maintenance, but my local dealer has been horrible. They tell you it will be up to a week before they can take a look, and you have to drop your truck off for the clock to start. I’m torn between fixing the truck and not having it :/

Sponsored

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum Agate Black
I fixed this exact rattle. It's the black triangular piece of plastic on the door near the mirror. It's held on by the typical clips you find on the interior. I reseated it and bye bye clicking
Did you pop it off and reseat or just squeeze it in more while it was on there?

I have a similar sound and when my better half squeezes the area where the interior door handle is, it goes away

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Yes. That’s exactly where my wife determined it was coming from. Lucky me, I married an engineer 😍🥰

Now I just have to take it into the dealer to be fixed.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Did you pop it off and reseat or just squeeze it in more while it was on there?

I have a similar sound and when my better half squeezes the area where the interior door handle is, it goes away
I just popped it off, super easy, and popped it back on. Pull straight out, push straight in

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Yes. That’s exactly where my wife determined it was coming from. Lucky me, I married an engineer 😍🥰

Now I just have to take it into the dealer to be fixed.
Save yourself the trouble and pull it off by pulling straight out, and then pushing it back, straight in

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
Save yourself the trouble and pull it off by pulling straight out, and then pushing it back, straight in
Could also add a little felt tape to the contact points .. pretty common on the f150’s in general
Sponsored