• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dashboard - A Pillar Creaking

Josh S

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting, 2021 Tesla Model Y
See my post immediately above. This was driving me absolutely nuts. In a previous life, I was an engineer in a factory, and I am a hound dog when it comes to troubleshooting. Try pressing back and forth against the front fender just below the junction at he A-pillar on the passenger side. You can see where I have an orange wad of Gorilla tape wedged there.

Funny thing, the tape slipped out a bit, and the noise came back. I gently pulled the fender back and shoved the tape back down in the gap (without any tools), and the noise disappeared again. Hopefully, this is it for you. I spent a lot of time on the vent trim with absolutely no luck.

Please post to see if this is it. Sometimes the dealer service is quite worthless in these situations.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this didn't work for my truck.

I took another look at the black triangle piece of trim on the pillar. I tightened the two 10mm nuts (both were surprisingly loose) and spread out the clips for the plastic trim. It's been a few days, and I don't want to jinx it but so far so good...
Sponsored

OP
OP

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this didn't work for my truck.

I took another look at the black triangle piece of trim on the pillar. I tightened the two 10mm nuts (both were surprisingly loose) and spread out the clips for the plastic trim. It's been a few days, and I don't want to jinx it but so far so good...
I'm wondering if the "creak" I heard is the same as the creak you and others heard due to the issue you and other spotted with the triangle piece. I'm still wondering what was causing the noise on my truck, but I'm guessing that the metal from the front quarter panel and the frame/A-pillar must have been rubbing together, and the wad of tape I shoved in the gap spread the two pieces far enough apart to stop the rubbing together. I will ask the dealer next time I am in.