• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dashboard cycles off and on

Coffinhunter

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
I returned from being out of town for a week, and my truck was parked at the airport. On the way home, the dashboard would go black, then reset itself. It would happen about every three minutes. The “this trip” information would reset, but the truck itself didn’t ever stop working. The system is over 80% on the battery.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You might have just gotten some updates that were not drive inhibited.
Give it a few hours to settle down, check the Software Updates screen for any notes.

OP
OP

Coffinhunter

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
No software updates, and after restarting the truck several hours later, I am still having the same issue. I have less than 1,000 miles on the truck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Try a reboot of the Sync system

On the steering wheel controls, press and hold the volume down [left side] and seek forward [right side] several seconds until you see the Sync screen restart.

If that does not resolve the issue, visit the dealership.

OP
OP

Coffinhunter

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Try a reboot of the Sync system

On the steering wheel controls, press and hold the volume down [left side] and seek forward [right side] several seconds until you see the Sync screen restart.

If that does not resolve the issue, visit the dealership.
Thanks. Tried that. No luck. Have an appointment on Monday.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Thanks. Tried that. No luck. Have an appointment on Monday.
When I first got my lightning in January 2023 it did this exact same thing. After a week or so it mysteriously fixed itself and never did that again. A glitch or gremlin, only thing I might have done was either pull fuse 32 to reset a few things and maybe remove a battery cable once.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I returned from being out of town for a week, and my truck was parked at the airport. On the way home, the dashboard would go black, then reset itself. It would happen about every three minutes. The “this trip” information would reset, but the truck itself didn’t ever stop working. The system is over 80% on the battery.
Any ideas?
Greetings, Donald. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this dashboard concern on my end? Thank you!

OP
OP

Coffinhunter

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Greetings, Donald. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this dashboard concern on my end? Thank you!
The dealership now has my truck and they said they need to replace the whole instrument cluster. Said they have never seen it before. Hopefully the part comes in today or tomorrow, and I get it back tomorrow or Thursday. We shall see.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
The dealership now has my truck and they said they need to replace the whole instrument cluster. Said they have never seen it before. Hopefully the part comes in today or tomorrow, and I get it back tomorrow or Thursday. We shall see.
Best of luck. So crazy mine did the same thing though but was a software glitch only apparently as no issues on dashboards for nearly a year. It was very troublesome driving 80mph in the dark waiting until it rebooted every 2-3 mins.

OP
OP

Coffinhunter

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
**update**
Dealer replaced the instrument cluster and all is well. They also completed the two “recalls” that needed to be done. They supposedly even worked with Ford techs, and nobody could figure it out. So the cluster was shipped to Ford for further investigation. I am curious to see if anything comes of it. But I probably won’t hear anything.
Sponsored