• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Day one Lightning owner climate/app/locking questions

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
... The wireless charging sucks.
Yes it does. I've only taken a weekend trip but with maps up and music streaming the pad can't keep up so expect your phone charge to drop anyway. However, this is an issue with wireless charging, not the lightning. The pad on my desktop charges at half the rate and that's using a usb 2.0 cable. USB c is 3 or 4 times faster. use the usb c connection if your phone supports it.
Sponsored

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer
Yes it does. I've only taken a weekend trip but with maps up and music streaming the pad can't keep up so expect your phone charge to drop anyway. However, this is an issue with wireless charging, not the lightning. The pad on my desktop charges at half the rate and that's using a usb 2.0 cable. USB c is 3 or 4 times faster. use the usb c connection if your phone supports it.

I always plug in if I am in need of power, the wireless charging is nice in my Tesla for convenience, just toss it on there and go, and it does a decent, but not effective job. Toss you phone onto the wireless charger in the Lightning, and then spend 30 seconds wiggling it around until it actually “connects”. But yes, wireless charging in anything is not very effective. But it’s useless if its not convenient.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I always plug in if I am in need of power, the wireless charging is nice in my Tesla for convenience, just toss it on there and go, and it does a decent, but not effective job. Toss you phone onto the wireless charger in the Lightning, and then spend 30 seconds wiggling it around until it actually “connects”. But yes, wireless charging in anything is not very effective. But it’s useless if its not convenient.
yep. I have eliminated the "wiggleing" to get it in right position by putting a spacer, optimally sized, on the right hand side. I'm a woodworker so cutting something the right side was easy but the material doesn't matter....as long as it's not metal LOL

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
We just got our Lightning yesterday, the last new cars that we have bought have been Tesla 3s. Are there equivalents for these things?

1. Remote climate/dog mode. How do you set the temperature remotely or set the temperature and walk away with the car locked. Can you tell from the app that the climate is on, what the temperature is or if the car is locked?

2. You are in the passenger seat, the car is off. Can you not get full climate (A/C) by pressing the start button? Do you have to go to the drivers seat and press the brake and start button?

3. Assuming sentry/dash cam/remote viewing are no gos.

4. Bluecruise, does it get really close to adjacent traffic? Should you not use it in a lane that splits? It did not seem to know which lane to take when there was an exit lane. My wife did not let me use it after those instances.

5. Locking: So you power off, shut the door and press the door button. Is it one or two presses, there is not any feedback and I never seem to get it on the first try.

6. Do you like carplay? It requires Siri (which I have turned off), it disconnects your wifi and it doesn’t seem to want to play Amazon music or youtube. I just set it to bluetooth only and send the audio. What am I missing with why people like carplay?

7. Neither of our iphones hit the wireless charging pad in the right spot? Is that typical?

Our reasons for the Lightning are towing, towing features, Mega Frunk, 240V power, 120v in the frunk, the large spacious interior and access to SC in 2024.

Thank you.
I think everyone else has better answers for your questions as I use an android module to circumvent built in media options entirely and have the TCU disconnected and don't use the app. But as far as locking goes, you can simply press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons on the keyless entry keypad to lock the truck.

In fact, in my personal opinion it's easily one of my favorite Ford features. You can program in and delete additional personal codes in the head unit and use it to unlock, the drivers door, all four doors, drop the tailgate, raise the tailgate and open and close the trunk(Though it seems Ford hasnt gotten the trunk functionality working quite yet).

But definitely worth it to learn the factory code or program in a personal code and remember it. Even if your key battery dies and you don't wanna pull out the backup keyblade or you lose your keys, you can still gain access to the truck.
Sponsored