• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote Climate - two steps forward, one step back

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The remote start should work anywhere not just when the truck is home. When I get done golfing I use to be able to remote start when I finished the last hole but with the new improved app it is no longer available WTH. Are they afraid we are going to run down the battery or something. I mean if I make a mistake and leave it on it is a lesson learned not to forget like leaving a faucet on you make sure next time not to do it again. I feel like I have Parental Restrictions on me by Ford. Really!
Your understanding is incorrect.

Remote Start is in the app, it is now called Climate.

You can't run down the battery because the vehicle has started, and it times out at a max of 30 minutes if you have the time set to 15 minutes in the truck, and you do an Extend in the app after remote starting...

:rolleyes:
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
The remote start should work anywhere not just when the truck is home.
What are you on about? You can totally still remote start it no matter where you are. The app is just more descriptive now because what is remote start in an EV other than just activating the climate control? Just hit the fan looking button, and then you'll have an option to set the temperature. Works fine no matter where I'm at as long as there's mobile signal.