• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Disappointed in B&O Unleashed

2021limited

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 LIMITED
Occupation
Self
Have had my Limited for 2 months now. The unleashed system is chained down somewhere!!! Can someone tell me how to unleash mine. Obviously they don’t have chips to power the system. I hope they have some refund for this because it’s not right to charge for this awful system.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F250, ordered 2021 F150
Coming from a Ranger Lariat with B&O and getting the F-150 with B&O Unleashed, I'm really impressed with it so far. It "does" put a bit more sound out of the front center channel than I'd like, but that's just me being picky.
Is your 150 a Lariat as well? if so and you upgraded to the unleashed, does your headrest move/ is it adjustable? Forward and back I mean, not up and down.

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
Guys, its not subjective, you're not crazy, the test results dont lie....Unleashed sucks!
20+ yr. audio store here, doing purist audio systems to 10,000watt installs and everyone saying "..xm,hd radio, etc." or " bass,treble, surround" for sources or audible tweaks are just talking about tiny differences and NOT the real issue here.
Servicing a few Ford dealerships and many others weekly, I now own a new 21 F150 plat. and this B&O 'unleashed' has no major improvement over the other 21 F150 xlt,lariat,etc. that are non-unleashed systems.
Unleashed should be a MAJOR upgrade and an obvious difference without any doubts of who is hearing it.
As good as my ear is to tuning any system it was shocking to have several trucks in the Ford lot playing the SAME source and 'hearing' almost no difference in Volume or Audible tones beside the additional speakers obviously fill in the space(marginally).
Using an RTA for both DB and Spectrum Analyzer for frequency responses there was only a 1 to 3% variation!!
The lack of upgrade is like paying for a V8 and getting a 4cyl. and Ford owners should be disgusted with this system!
One of my dealers is waiting for us to install a new system and show what a true 'unleashed' sound system should sound like, BOTH in volume AND SQ.
Unfortunately, my vehicle has the major bug in the display and going in for the big 4hr. software update so Im patiently waiting to get the bugs fixed 1st before doing anything aftermarket.

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
Is your 150 a Lariat as well? if so and you upgraded to the unleashed, does your headrest move/ is it adjustable? Forward and back I mean, not up and down.
It's a Lariat as well, moves like any other headrest, just has small speakers inside it (you can barely hear)

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
Guys, its not subjective, you're not crazy, the test results dont lie....Unleashed sucks!
20+ yr. audio store here, doing purist audio systems to 10,000watt installs and everyone saying "..xm,hd radio, etc." or " bass,treble, surround" for sources or audible tweaks are just talking about tiny differences and NOT the real issue here.
Servicing a few Ford dealerships and many others weekly, I now own a new 21 F150 plat. and this B&O 'unleashed' has no major improvement over the other 21 F150 xlt,lariat,etc. that are non-unleashed systems.
Unleashed should be a MAJOR upgrade and an obvious difference without any doubts of who is hearing it.
As good as my ear is to tuning any system it was shocking to have several trucks in the Ford lot playing the SAME source and 'hearing' almost no difference in Volume or Audible tones beside the additional speakers obviously fill in the space(marginally).
Using an RTA for both DB and Spectrum Analyzer for frequency responses there was only a 1 to 3% variation!!
The lack of upgrade is like paying for a V8 and getting a 4cyl. and Ford owners should be disgusted with this system!
One of my dealers is waiting for us to install a new system and show what a true 'unleashed' sound system should sound like, BOTH in volume AND SQ.
Unfortunately, my vehicle has the major bug in the display and going in for the big 4hr. software update so Im patiently waiting to get the bugs fixed 1st before doing anything aftermarket.
here is the issue i refer to:

Sponsored

Granch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
I'm going to dealer tomorrow and look at another truck with same system. No I can't hear anything out of head rest. Can you hear anything out of headliner speakers? I only hear sound effects out of those and I think that is what they are supposed to do.
move the fade towards the rear worked for mine

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
here is the issue i refer to:
also, if you all notice the music playing... that was at volume 15 and its obviously not loud at all being 1/2 way up as others have stated not being able to go beyond 15.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's a Lariat as well, moves like any other headrest, just has small speakers inside it (you can barely hear)
When I went to the lot to test drive a truck and ended up ordering mine, the Lariat Sport I drove the headrests would only move up and down, couldn't adjust how much it pushed your head forward, tried moving the headrest in an XLT and it had the three levels and if you pulled it forward would snap back up straight, same with the other Lariat that had the upgraded sound system, so I added the Unleashed jus tin hopes I would be able to adjust the headrest to be more straight up and down (as opposed to pushing my head forward) since the Lariat Sport wouldn't move. So bizarre.
I actually wasn't incredibly interested in the headrest speakers and went back out to make sure I would be able to turn them off if I wanted to and it was interesting to me that you had to change the setting to surround to even experience the "Unleashed" part of it, and that you couldn't turn specific speakers off individually. So if I don't want it coming out of the headrest, I apparently don't get the "Unleashed" coming out of anywhere. Although I guess that's assuming it works in the first place which based on this thread doesn't seem incredibly promising.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
When I went to the lot to test drive a truck and ended up ordering mine, the Lariat Sport I drove the headrests would only move up and down, couldn't adjust how much it pushed your head forward, tried moving the headrest in an XLT and it had the three levels and if you pulled it forward would snap back up straight, same with the other Lariat that had the upgraded sound system, so I added the Unleashed jus tin hopes I would be able to adjust the headrest to be more straight up and down (as opposed to pushing my head forward) since the Lariat Sport wouldn't move. So bizarre.
I actually wasn't incredibly interested in the headrest speakers and went back out to make sure I would be able to turn them off if I wanted to and it was interesting to me that you had to change the setting to surround to even experience the "Unleashed" part of it, and that you couldn't turn specific speakers off individually. So if I don't want it coming out of the headrest, I apparently don't get the "Unleashed" coming out of anywhere. Although I guess that's assuming it works in the first place which based on this thread doesn't seem incredibly promising.
Sounds like it's time to trade it in..

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I would like to truck to actually be built so I can test something :)

i only picked the normal B&O sound system because I couldnt wrap my head around the need for 18 speakers in the cab of a pickup truck. You need a lot of power to move 18 speakers which most standard auto makers would fail to provide as aftermarket amps are so much better plus the additional cost made it an easy no for me.

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch

i only picked the normal B&O sound system because I couldnt wrap my head around the need for 18 speakers in the cab of a pickup truck. You need a lot of power to move 18 speakers which most standard auto makers would fail to provide as aftermarket amps are so much better plus the additional cost made it an easy no for me.
It's powered by 1086 Watts.
Plenty to push all 18 speakers..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I have been waiting, not wanting to order something without having been able to sit in it, and was incredibly lucky a dealership about an hour away had some to be able to look at.. I ordered one because I wanted a 6.5' bed and storage under the back seats, and then the headrest to be able to move since it was so uncomfortable the way it was but, the more I'm on this page the more I wonder if I shouldn't have just sucked it up and bought that one I test drove.

I really had no desire for the Unleashed until I thought it would fix the headrest issue. I couldn't believe the headrest wouldn't move but thought it was so uncomfortable the way it was stationary that I paid for the sound system upgrade just in an attempt to fix the headrest issue. I don't see how speakers in the headrest would be good for much of anything aside from maybe needing hearing aids sooner than later so hopefully it at least solves the problem I purchased it for.

Last edited:

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Happy with my system. Kinda hard to tell if the sound is coming out of the headrest speakers but I think that’s the point of how the sounds and acoustics are set up in the truck. I was actually worried the headrest speakers would be blaring in my ear so I am quite happy that’s not the case at all.

This system is a huge step up from the regular B&O system that’s in my friends 2019 Lariat 502a. Night and day.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Happy with my system. Kinda hard to tell if the sound is coming out of the headrest speakers but I think that’s the point of how the sounds and acoustics are set up in the truck. I was actually worried the headrest speakers would be blaring in my ear so I am quite happy that’s not the case at all.

This system is a huge step up from the regular B&O system that’s in my friends 2019 Lariat 502a. Night and day.
I couldn't be happier with my unleashed..
Sponsored