Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2017 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Warehouse consultant
Underwhelmed with unleashed.

Also agree with prior post wishing you could adjust speakers individeally.

seems like ‘unleashed’ with several tethers attached ?
Sponsored

RogueCow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Ford Powertrain Engineer
you mean this:

I don't know if it distorted … I fell asleep … : )
jk
I played a piano instrumental version and an arranged instrumental, both sounded dull and warm, so I think. piano exceeds what this system can reproduce cleanly, but certainly in a moving vehicle, the fidelity would be satisfactory.
Bass is tight and full, mid range is not muddy (winding down treble and bass, the mid-range was decent, having mid and bass flat and winding up the tweets did not bring an improvement, but it also didn't bring distortion or overdrive, even at 30/30 volume.)
I'd attribute some of the lackluster audio clarity to spotify from android over bluetooth or android auto, which seems to play some apps at a lower volume and lower fidelity (additional compression of the source during streaming?) but again, I find the audio clarity to be … satisfactory … : )
Lol, not in my usual rotation, just for system testing.

On my truck, the second note in the song distorts so badly in my headrest and overheads it sounds like someone is crunching up a plastic bag next to my ear. You would have noticed it before falling asleep XD

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech

On my truck, the second note in the song distorts so badly in my headrest and overheads it sounds like someone is crunching up a plastic bag next to my ear. You would have noticed it before falling asleep XD
Take it in. My Unleash system sucked! Just lacked power and very bland sound but did nothing like yours.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms

Take it in. My Unleash system sucked! Just lacked power and very bland sound but did nothing like yours.
I'd certainly get to a dealership and do a quick comparison with the same spec system in another truck.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Sound is so subjective. If you put 10 guys in a any car, 9 of them will say it sucks, and 1 will say it sounds "ok". Could Ford do better? probably, is it worth the cost? probably not. What they do seem to strive for is middle of the road, ho-hum noise, with a lot of gimmicks. Reminds of me of Bose. I have friends that love them some Bose, and I detest everything they make with the exception of noise canceling headphones.

I have put aftermarket audio in every vehicle that I have owned since I was 15, but will probably not touch this one. Only because I'd rather build the stereo in my boat, plus my truck isn't my daily driver (it may bother me more if it were). Most people have way too much bass for me (especially in their home theater), but everyone hears differently. I have the hearing of of a Moth, and can usually guess the crossover within 3 dbs between bass, mids and highs.

80% of people would probably be ok with a separate amp and sub. Separating the sub amp out, actually helps in many ways as the B&O amp prob splits voltage for all speakers, and taking that sub load off will free up voltage for the rest. It probably will not get louder but may be more efficient (less distortion).

If I were going to do a full redo the "unleashed". I would use navtv to bypass the amp, then to DSP, to new amp, run new separates in the front stage, new sub, new coax in rear doors, and probably disconnect dash, center, headrest, and headliner speakers completely. Most important part is the TUNING afterwards. Takes time and patience.

I wish there was an “audio delete” option to get a pair of full range, unmolested rcas out of the stereo and leave it at that. I’m ok with the IP playing all the dings and dongs.

Just remember, the closer to audiophile you get, the less you will ever be satisfied, lol. It's definitely a disease. Just head over the The12Volt and watch those guys spend a year and 10k and then tear it out a month later to rebuild it. lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I too believe sound systems are subjective based on expectations and in my case the systems I have or am moving away from. I traded in a 2010 Explorer Sportrac and the difference is phenomenal. I have an 08 Shelby GT500 with the factory upgraded system and it does not hold a candle to the B&O Unleashed. So I am more than satisfied both listening to my music on my Iphone 12 pro through CarPlay or an FM HD station out of st louis. To each his own.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I'm wondering if my truck is broken or if it is just a limit of the system.

Can someone please try to play "The Piano Guys - Perfect" on their unleashed system?

In surround mode, the ceiling and headrest speakers breakup and distort (like someone waving a plastic bag) above a volume of 24. If it turns out this is common for all unleashed systems, i won't bother the service department with it...

*Tried it on androidauto plugged in and bluetooth, spotify and tidal, nothing made a diff*
I tried the song through a plugged in S10e, Spotify (not downloaded) highest quality and it sounded awful. I think it's a bad recording because I switched to a different playlist and those songs sounded fine, no white noise from the headrest speakers. I've said it on different threads but try Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa, if that sounds bad your system might be messed up.

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
Coming from a Ranger Lariat with B&O and getting the F-150 with B&O Unleashed, I'm really impressed with it so far. It "does" put a bit more sound out of the front center channel than I'd like, but that's just me being picky.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Coming from a Ranger Lariat with B&O and getting the F-150 with B&O Unleashed, I'm really impressed with it so far. It "does" put a bit more sound out of the front center channel than I'd like, but that's just me being picky.
I thought the same and moved the fader a few clicks toward the back and it sounds better.

Mvan

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2019 Genesis G70
Driving home from the dealership listening to Sirius XM at low to moderate volume levels I wasn’t impressed. With a good source and some volume, the system sounds fantastic. Bass is super clean, power is definitely not an issue. I love it.

Sponsored

Harlemox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB Platinum
Are any of you guys getting rattling from your front door primary woofers above certain volume levels?

I get an obnoxious rattle from my passenger speaker when playing Lake Nivu - Jerro at 2:39 and onwards with volume level 18+

I can also hear it from the drivers speaker at lower volumes. Not really sure if it's the speaker grille causing the problem or the door panel itself rattling, but it's annoying on a truck that costs this much.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Are any of you guys getting rattling from your front door primary woofers above certain volume levels?

I get an obnoxious rattle from my passenger speaker when playing Lake Nivu - Jerro at 2:39 and onwards with volume level 18+

I can also hear it from the drivers speaker at lower volumes. Not really sure if it's the speaker grille causing the problem or the door panel itself rattling, but it's annoying on a truck that costs this much.
I get rattles all day every day. It's annoying AF. I turned the bass down and still get it if the volume is too loud. Sounds like it's coming from the rear passenger side. Haven't had time to nail it down yet.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Check your rear sliding window. Lots of reports of that being the cause of rattles.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I tried the song through a plugged in S10e, Spotify (not downloaded) highest quality and it sounded awful. I think it's a bad recording because I switched to a different playlist and those songs sounded fine, no white noise from the headrest speakers. I've said it on different threads but try Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa, if that sounds bad your system might be messed up.
Agreed..
Sounds phenomenal.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Have a listen to
Tubular Belles
From the Exorcist
Sponsored