• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do Multi-module OTAs work if one module has already been updated?

WRSNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My dealer recently updated my APIM to the latest version to clear the recall notice on ESC not resetting when the truck is turned off (23C38). Now I have the new icons at the top of the center screen and my Apple Maps miles to go shows up on the left instrument panel display when I’m using CarPlay. I gather from other threads these are changes that should accompany the long-promised BlueCruise OTAs.

Are the multi-module OTAs smart enough to deal with the situation where a module has already been updated? Will the update simply skip that module, try to re-update the same software, or fail? Or maybe the APIM is always a standalone update?

I’m not one of those way behind on OTAs. I’ve been getting them fairly regularly. I have 6.8, the Tesla plug and charge, and ECG-24.2.4.9.

Thanks.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What ever they issue which brings the larger populus an advancement to BC will likely contain parts that you and those affected the ESC fix will likely still get the remainder of the update and the installer will likely bypass modules already up to standards.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
If you get sent an OTA that your truck already has, it will just fail. Nothing to worry about. I've seen it happen over 100 times including to my own truck.

OP
OP

WRSNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
If you get sent an OTA that your truck already has, it will just fail. Nothing to worry about. I've seen it happen over 100 times including to my own truck.
I'll just chill until something happens. :cool:
Sponsored