• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does this area creak for anyone else?

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
When the temperature is just right the sunglasses/rearview/dome lights area creaks while the truck is in motion. Sounds like two pieces of plastic are applying pressure on one another. I don't have any sunglasses in here.

I can't reproduce it predictably and when it does happen I can't prevent it by applying force to hold the sections here in place.

Not a huge deal as the conditions don't occur very often but it does otherwise ruin a nice, quiet cabin. Curious if anyone else has this momentary problem and has found a long term solution.

Ford F-150 Lightning Does this area creak for anyone else? IMG_0535
Sponsored

marc_hanna

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
No, but I got some rattly trim between the glovebox and the passenger side door

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
No, but I had my passenger front door inner panel replaced under warranty because of a persistent squeak.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
No, but I got some rattly trim between the glovebox and the passenger side door
That seems to be the most common area. That and the passenger side A-pillar. It’s actually the trim/cover for the A-pillar that seems to be the problem as it does not fit properly. The clips don’t hold and it wiggles or sits funny where the dash trim rubs on it.

marc_hanna

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That seems to be the most common area. That and the passenger side A-pillar. It’s actually the trim/cover for the A-pillar that seems to be the problem as it does not fit properly. The clips don’t hold and it wiggles or sits funny where the dash trim rubs on it.
I had my wife drive tonight while I investigated. I think you’re right. I’m going shim it an see if I can stop it.

Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
My sunroof rattles a little. The cabin is so quiet that it's irritating to hear. I open and close the shade to make it go away but that only lasts a bit.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
I mainly notice squeaks in the door panels but only if I rest my knee on the side of them - the mix of hard plastics and the aluminum panels seems to be a bad combo.

The only other issue I have is a rattle that is coming out of my C-pillar on the passenger side - still trying to hone in on what is causing that.

Other than that, this is the most peaceful vehicle I’ve ever owned to drive, quiet, smooth and I love it.

OP
OP
ryun

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
These are all areas for me to investigate at least. Thanks for the ideas!

Sponsored

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
Every time I think I have a rattling panel, it turns out to be something else. My most common one seems to be the passenger seatbelt buckle tapping the B-pillar if it was left twisted, or stuff bouncing around in the glovebox.

After my Tesla I have to say I'm seriously impressed by the complete lack of rattles/squeaks in this vehicle, it feels so solid!

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Except for my old Crown Vic (now deceased after a run in with a tractor trailer) I'd say the Lightning is the quietest vehicle I have ever owned.

When weather permits I drive with the windows open, and usually have my music playing through the data USB port from an SSD formatted 'exfat' so it would have to be a loud squeak for me to hear.

My previous truck was a 2001 Ranger, given to a grandson when I got the Lightning. Compared to that truck, this is paradise!
Sponsored