Sponsored

"Driver-Facing Camera Fault" -- BlueCruise not working

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I don't use BlueCruise often, but went on a road trip yesterday and today and realized my BlueCruise was not working at all. When I push the button to turn lane-centering on and off, it says BlueCruise in unavailable and there is a "Driver-Facing Camera fault See Manual."

Folks on the Macheforum are discussing having a similar problem after recent software update, and apparently Ford will be releasing an OTA to fix it for the Mach-E. (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/update-6-13-0-caused-driver-monitor-camera-fault.32921) But it looks like the same problem is happening to Lightnings as well (at least mine). Anyone else having issues?
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

PatchesPal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model y, Lexus RX300
Same thing happened to me until I figured out my phone mount was mounted a little to high and blocking the camera.
Ford F-150 Lightning "Driver-Facing Camera Fault"  -- BlueCruise not working BlueCruise

I think there are two sensors on the right side. the lower one is the camera

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
i had this long before ant updates. they replaced the camera and a module. works great now

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I don't use BlueCruise often, but went on a road trip yesterday and today and realized my BlueCruise was not working at all. When I push the button to turn lane-centering on and off, it says BlueCruise in unavailable and there is a "Driver-Facing Camera fault See Manual."

Folks on the Macheforum are discussing having a similar problem after recent software update, and apparently Ford will be releasing an OTA to fix it for the Mach-E. (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/update-6-13-0-caused-driver-monitor-camera-fault.32921) But it looks like the same problem is happening to Lightnings as well (at least mine). Anyone else having issues?
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your Blue Cruise concerns on my end.

OP
OP

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your Blue Cruise concerns on my end.
Sent. Thanks for your help.