Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Sup/t. Wildland Firefighter with Alberta Wildfire
This should help

DE3E4170-4678-4083-8ED2-0551C7A1EE13.jpeg

Thanks for this, I couldn't find the time to search the forums for this lol. But I'm not sure why people like to have the tails on for DRLs is beyond me.
Sponsored

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Nice. I am getting an adapter for my Bronco, so I will do this to our truck too

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
I will add my two cents to this thread:

First thanks @Nightshade for posting this mod!

I did this just before the holiday and then proceeded to do a lot of driving at night during Thanksgiving.

-They look great during the day and from the drivers seat at night.
-Not a single person has “Flashed” me post mod. This includes some very late, dark driving where bright lights are most annoying.
-However I did park on dark street and walk a good distance in front of the truck to evaluate them tonight. Bottom line they seem almost outrageously bright and I’m shocked I haven’t been flashed yet. I still need see how they look from another vehicle, but I might Roll them back if they end up being distracting to other drivers.

Just some general observations for everyone

Edited to add: I do really like the way they look!

Last edited:

Californiacarver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Did you change the “2”s that are in that line? Make sure you’re using BCM (As-Built), scroll down until you find line 726-42-01. Then the as-built numbers in that line, just change the numbers where the “_” is on the line, that’s it. Don’t write the complete line and do not change anything that is in place of the “x”. (do not write the “x”s).

Well sometimes I have to step away for a day. It worked as described this round.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I will add my two cents to this thread:

First thanks @Nightshade for posting this mod!

I did this just before the holiday and then proceeded to do a lot of driving at night during Thanksgiving.

-They look great during the day and from the drivers seat at night.
-Not a single person has “Flashed” me post mod. This includes some very late, dark driving where bright lights are most annoying.
-However I did park on dark street and walk a good distance in front of the truck to evaluate them tonight. Bottom line they seem almost outrageously bright and I’m shocked I haven’t been flashed yet. I still need see how they look from another vehicle, but I might Roll them back if they end up being distracting to other drivers.

Just some general observations for everyone

Edited to add: I do really like the way they look!
You’re welcome! I’m glad to see you’re liking the new mod and haven’t been flashed yet, I agree they are insanely bright for what they are! I have to say, even police officers don’t even mind at all!

Honestly I really like the way they look as well, I’ve been using this without low beams every since (except highways of course), no regrets! And if you ever get flashed, I wouldn’t revert them back, just turn your low beams on instead, because the low beams will hide that LED bar pretty well, so if you need to use them again (without the low beams) somewhere else, the option is still available to you!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0 Lariat SCREW Space White
Haven’t had any issues since I owned a 2016 & 2020, both had oem LED bars on the headlights. Same with my 2021. Zero issues and zero flash from oncoming but a few asked how to do the same on theirs lol, they wanted it too. Come to think of it, haven’t had anyone I know here in Canada that ever had any issues at all.
You keep saying you hadn't had any issues....sure you didn't, you are not in the oncoming traffic. Everyone now days manipulate their lights without any control or regards to other drivers, it has become impossible to drive at night.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You keep saying you hadn't had any issues....sure you didn't, you are not in the oncoming traffic. Everyone now days manipulate their lights without any control or regards to other drivers, it has become impossible to drive at night.
I haven’t because if I had, I would adjust them accordingly. Actually you’re wrong, have it ever occurred to you that I am in the oncoming traffic or do I fly over everyone else? I drive the same road as everyone else and have had the same F-150s, even F-250, F-350s with the same mod to brighten their LED bars come at me as opposing traffic on a daily basis, I’ve had zero issues with their brightness and they don’t blind me at all. I can understand cars do and ridiculously lowered vehicles sure, but should anyone have an issue, just flash at me then I’ll know. So far, nothing but compliments.

Not to be rude and not trying to start a fight but to each their own everyone has their preference, if you don’t like it, don’t do the mod and if you want to flash at those that have done it in your hometown or wherever, be my guest. This mod isn’t for everyone, clearly you’ve stated you’re on the opposing side, just don’t do the mod and let everyone else do it if they want to; their truck, their preference.

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0 Lariat SCREW Space White
I haven’t because if I had, I would adjust them accordingly. Actually you’re wrong, have it ever occurred to you that I am in the oncoming traffic or do I fly over everyone else? I drive the same road as everyone else and have had the same F-150s, even F-250, F-350s with the same mod to brighten their LED bars come at me as opposing traffic on a daily basis, I’ve had zero issues with their brightness and they don’t blind me at all. I can understand cars do and ridiculously lowered vehicles sure, but should anyone have an issue, just flash at me then I’ll know. So far, nothing but compliments.

Not to be rude and not trying to start a fight but to each their own everyone has their preference, if you don’t like it, don’t do the mod and if you want to flash at those that have done it in your hometown or wherever, be my guest. This mod isn’t for everyone, clearly you’ve stated you’re on the opposing side, just don’t do the mod and let everyone else do it if they want to; their truck, their preference.
I am not saying the mod isn't nice. My complaint is that there is no regulation (no, I am not a big government guy, far from it) for lights adjustmnet in cars. Since HIDs and LEDs hit the market a few years ago, people took the freedom to put whatever the hack they want in their headlights without any regards to how it impacts the opposing traffic. There is no light adjustmnet during annual inspection (heck, in my state there is no annual inspection at all) and it clearly shows when you drive at night.
In Israel for example, and many if not most European countries, they check your headlight allignment during inspection. I think it's great. You drive at night and you literally drive into flood lights, one headlight pointing one direction another pointing on a different, one is up the othe ris down....not to mention those who drive with their fog lights 24/7.
So for sure it looks cool, but that's not my issue. First of all, you cannot be 100% sure that no one ever flashed at your lights. Second, even if no one has, it doesn't mean your lights don't bother them. I flash constantly at drivers with modified, un-adjusted lights or simply at morons who don't know/care they are driving with high beams - 90% of the drivers don't understand why I am flashing at them, or they don't care. Not to mention drivers ahead of you on the same road, same direction - you can blind them through the mirrors....probably more disturbing than blinding from traffic ahead.
I want to believe there is a reason why Ford set these lights at the OEM level they were and not all mods, even if doable, should be activated if there is even a slight chance it bothers other drivers.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I am not saying the mod isn't nice. My complaint is that there is no regulation (no, I am not a big government guy, far from it) for lights adjustmnet in cars. Since HIDs and LEDs hit the market a few years ago, people took the freedom to put whatever the hack they want in their headlights without any regards to how it impacts the opposing traffic. There is no light adjustmnet during annual inspection (heck, in my state there is no annual inspection at all) and it clearly shows when you drive at night.
In Israel for example, and many if not most European countries, they check your headlight allignment during inspection. I think it's great. You drive at night and you literally drive into flood lights, one headlight pointing one direction another pointing on a different, one is up the othe ris down....not to mention those who drive with their fog lights 24/7.
So for sure it looks cool, but that's not my issue. First of all, you cannot be 100% sure that no one ever flashed at your lights. Second, even if no one has, it doesn't mean your lights don't bother them. I flash constantly at drivers with modified, un-adjusted lights or simply at morons who don't know/care they are driving with high beams - 90% of the drivers don't understand why I am flashing at them, or they don't care. Not to mention drivers ahead of you on the same road, same direction - you can blind them through the mirrors....probably more disturbing than blinding from traffic ahead.
I want to believe there is a reason why Ford set these lights at the OEM level they were and not all mods, even if doable, should be activated if there is even a slight chance it bothers other drivers.
Regulation, yes this is very true. I can't argue with you there. There is an insane amount of vehicles putting HIDs and LEDs in halogen and aftermarket headlights without proper levelling, this I can agree to. It is very blinding as if the high beams are shooting directly at you, even out here in Canada too. Lifted trucks; some of them don't have their headlights aimed properly after the lift or the shop forgot to do did it, can be the same factor yes.

There is a reason why Ford put these LED bars at a dim level because of the brightness level however I am not sure exactly where around the world they received complaints if any, but some people don't like it at a dim level especially when you pay for a higher trim truck, you'd want all the options available to you. Some people do like it, some don't, just like some people don't like DRLs and want them completely disabled.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
So, is it possible to increase the brightness without going to max brightness? If so, can anyone come up with a table that shows approximate output with the required Forscan coding?

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So, is it possible to increase the brightness without going to max brightness? If so, can anyone come up with a table that shows approximate output with the required Forscan coding?
Not at this time, there wasn’t any output brightness table for previous gen either; it’s never been done as far as I know. There’s only stock brightness which is dim or full brightness on all exterior modes on your switch which is as bright as your DRLs are.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Love mine brighter and also have not been flashed at all either.
Sponsored