• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Exit Button on Bed Camera

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
Yes, Ford "broke" this function, which it used to have, with one of the OTA updates. Only solution I am aware of is to switch cams and *then* exit from there. I hope they fix it, this is an important feature for me to be able to check on my dogs.
Cheers
-Zap

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Systemic issue, we all have it, push the park assist button might cause it to clear

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Ive found that switching the vew to the rear facing camera, it comes back. Its a software bug.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The exit button returns when I'm at a stopped position. I was wondering the same thing and when they will fix it.
Someday .......

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Yes, Ford "broke" this function, which it used to have, with one of the OTA updates. Only solution I am aware of is to switch cams and *then* exit from there. I hope they fix it, this is an important feature for me to be able to check on my dogs.
Cheers
-Zap
Exactly - intermittent for me but the workaround described here by switching cam views works.

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model S
Ive found that switching the vew to the rear facing camera, it comes back. Its a software bug.
this is the only way I have found to exit. All other camera views are missing the exit.

Sponsored

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Maybe Ford did this so you can drive with your side view mirrors folded (for reduced drag) and you can check your “six” by looking at the screen. The lack of exit button prevents you from ”accidentally losing your view of your rear/sides.
My two cents.

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
Maybe Ford did this so you can drive with your side view mirrors folded (for reduced drag) and you can check your “six” by looking at the screen. The lack of exit button prevents you from ”accidentally losing your view of your rear/sides.
My two cents.
I love this theory but, as a lawyer, I am 100 percent confident that we would be reading stories of mass resignations by Ford’s in-house legal team if the engineers had insisted on this approach. But, hey, maybe nobody told the lawyers….

Joe752

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Construction
Dang, I hope Ford knows to fix this. It's annoying and distracting to have to switch from the bed camera view to exit the camera view.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired