• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First big trip in Lariat ER

Church

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Ext. range
Occupation
County Health Director
What going on yall. Later this month Im making my first multi charge trip. From Union City, TN (northeastern corner of the state) to Atlanta, GA. Any recommendations for chargers in the ATL area? I’ll be going to Dunwoody (work) and then near the midtown (play) areas. I have my typhoon NACS to CCS adapter and almost 250kW in EA credit.
I’m also open to charger recommendations along I-24, I-69, and I-75. Thank in advance.
Sponsored

Braggo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lariat Lightning in Antimatter Blue
I still don't have an adapter so don't have any experience with Superchargers in the area but had no issues with the Barrett Place EA station (off 75) at 860 Cobb Place Boulevard NW, Kennesaw, Georgia 30144. There's a First Watch a short walk across the parking lot that was a great spot for breakfast.

Joe Dablock

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
You might want to also get a level 2 Tesla to generic Ev adapter. Many hotels have free Tesla level 2 chargers, but you need an adapter and the Level 3 adapter won’t work.

OP
OP
Church

Church

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
County Health Director
I still don't have an adapter so don't have any experience with Superchargers in the area but had no issues with the Barrett Place EA station (off 75) at 860 Cobb Place Boulevard NW, Kennesaw, Georgia 30144. There's a First Watch a short walk across the parking lot that was a great spot for breakfast.
I have book marked the locations thank you for the recommendation.

ChrisInVegas

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My recommendation is to try charging at each of the charging station operators at least once before you leave if you can. This way, you aren't struggling to figure out how to get the charge started while on the road.

You may have already done this, but I get frustrated each time I have to try a new charging company... Can I use a CC? Do I need an app? Is it plug and charge?

It hasn't been a problem for me, but the family can get impatient. ;-)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Church

Church

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
County Health Director
My recommendation is to try charging at each of the charging station operators at least once before you leave if you can. This way, you aren't struggling to figure out how to get the charge started while on the road.

You may have already done this, but I get frustrated each time I have to try a new charging company... Can I use a CC? Do I need an app? Is it plug and charge?

It hasn't been a problem for me, but the family can get impatient. ;-)
I try to try any new ones that I can. When I got the truck I think I looked through most routes from west Tennessee to south Louisiana (family) and downloaded every app of 50+kW station to get ready. You’re right it’s interesting to us but the wife does not find it nearly as exciting especially when it’s not straight forward (Looking at you Francis Energy).

ChrisInVegas

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I try to try any new ones that I can. When I got the truck I think I looked through most routes from west Tennessee to south Louisiana (family) and downloaded every app of 50+kW station to get ready. You’re right it’s interesting to us but the wife does not find it nearly as exciting especially when it’s not straight forward (Looking at you Francis Energy).
When I read your response, I thought to myself "I miss the east coast"... Then I read "western TN". How is the charging situation where you are? Desert Southwest can be tough if you don't plan accordingly. If a charge station is down, you're gonna have a bad time.
Sponsored