First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
retired
Is it possible to set a Target Charge with a Grizzl-e non wifi charger? I have a Grizzl-e 40 amp charger supplied by my utility company, so I am pretty much tied to this charger. I have been unable to create a target charge in the Ford Pass app to be able to set charging times, etc. This makes the Ford Pass app pretty useless for charging. It will Log the charge session details and its charging progress. However I must manually initiate the charge session by plugging it in at 10pm. I can also set the target charge percentage in the truck. However I cannot plug in the truck and instruct it to start charging at 10pm. My utility offers half price electricity from 10pm to 5am.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Try building your initial charging scheme while sitting in the truck when the TOU window opens and your EVSE is available to send energy to the truck.

Construct the scheme, with the SOC you prefer, then establish the time frames that are comparable to what the grizzle is programmed to operate with the utility, actually you might not need to set time limits if the utility provided EVSE has hard coded limits.

Either way, save the scheme, and the truck will accept energy when the EVSE is permitted to send it.

Once this is established, you should be able to see the scheme in Fordpass, you should be able to edit the factors, prefered SOC & refine when your truck will charge inside the EVSE TOU restrictions.

BTW: I'll happily defer to actual Grizzle 40 owners with real experiences, I don't have one so I'm only guessing about interplay of it and the trucks charge controls.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
You should be able to set up a charging location in the app by going to Energy>Target Charge>"+ symbol" in top right corner. Once a charging location is set you can set up preferred charging times.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Try setting the schedule in the truck instead of FordPass (which is known to be flaky).
Sponsored