First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Good point about future proofing coming from Tom's video!

@tommolog

Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Good point about future proofing coming from Tom's video!

@tommolog

Yes!
Tom is very correct this is the way charging should be incentivized! @tommolog thank you for being a forward thinking advocate for EV owners. I look at it kind of like my cell phone. I use it all day and then charge it while I sleep and it is full in the morning when I wake up and go about my day.

CAVUBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning
Complimentary installation is a nice touch, but the FCSP is still not a great option. It's overkill since most new owners (2024's) can't take advantage of the 80 amps. And FordPass is awful for connecting to it. I haven't been able to change my charge rate since before 5.0 came out. Maybe Ford has a back log they need to get rid off?
Zprime29,

Here’s a thought experiment for 2024 Lightning owners who “need” (I don’t) the 80A charging speed for their Lightning lifestyle. Could a second charger be added?

I know most things can be done with enough money thrown at them, but could this be a reasonable modification? Someone must have tried this already. đź«Ł

CAVUBob

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Just DocuSigned my purchase tonight to get the incentives that expired 9/30. Won't pickup my Lightning until tomorrow. Looks like they may have dropped the 0% 60 month financing, so I'm probably better off anyway. You can get a $2000 incentive instead of taking the charger and installation and there's a $1000 retail incentive, but it appears no 0% unless they add that back in by morning. So the 1.9% interest blows the whole deal compared to the September incentives even after taking the $3000 in new incentives.
Sponsored