Sponsored

Ferroxide

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning-Flash
I'd suspect they will be installing the Ford connected charge station, a 48 amp version for model year 24+ trucks.

If they have a large inventory of FCSP's those might be sold to fleet buyers of ER Lightnings with dual on board chargers, or older new stock 2023 & 2022 trucks.
I looked at the Ford Connect, but I got the ChargePoint HomeFlex....same '
48a and half the cost. App. is great.
Sponsored

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
What a fun evening of phone calls I had. I’ve posted once in this thread, and wanted @Ford Motor Company to hear about my experience. I bought my F150 Lightning on Sept. 16. I’ll start by saying that I fully understand that I bought before this promotion. I really do. I just expected more of Ford in that I, and probably some others, purchased a truck two weeks too early and to hear me out. Instead, I’ve been lied to and given the run around.

I originally called customer service when I found out about this on this forum. I explained when I bought. I was told that all I had to do was call my dealership and they would provide me a code to get in on this. I’m not making this up, it’s exactly what was told to me. So today I called my dealership. And told them that. The sales managers exact words were, “What the fuck”. He then when on a few minute tirade a lot how Ford customer service will tell any customer anything they want to hear to get them off their backs and then blame everything on the dealerships and put it back on them to take care of things. He told me that there is nothing the dealership can do (which I expected). I called customer service back and informed them of that response. They were unaffected by that. I then spent another half hour on the phone all to be told that there’s nothing they can do. I already purchased and that there is absolutely nothing they can do. The person said if they could they would, but there is nothing they can do. I get I missed it, but there is something they could do, and they are just choosing not to because I’ve already purchased, so therefore Ford has no reason to make me happy. I’m already bought in. Since Ford has my money they have no incentive to go a bit beyond. The best the person at customer service could do was put in a negative comment about the lie about a code being available for someone in my situation.

If I was a potential customer, which I was when the dealership led by saying that he was sure he could get me a free charger for my home, things would be different. Of course that offer was off the table once I agreed to buy.

Just disappointing to see a company not do a little extra for a customer who just made quite a big purchase. Those chargers are basically obsolete anyways. They literally have to give them away to get rid of them. Two weeks too early to have the benefit of having fun.

I’m sure there will be no response, but thought others might be interested in this.
Maybe you don't realize that you received two $1K rebates in September, and now those are gone but you can get the charger and installation, or a $2K rebate in lieu of that which amounts to the same thing.