First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
So I just got pushed 3.5.5 yesterday, tried “update now” about 10 times when I got home, all of which failed until I called Ford Pass who pushed me to an OTA rep who said that the preconditions that I wasn’t meeting were: headlights off (switch to off position), parking brake on, AND the truck had to have been running for at least 30 minutes prior to hitting the “update now” button and turning the truck off. It doesn’t have to have been driven for 30 minutes, just on and running. So I left it on for 30 minutes in the garage (turn off the 30 min shutdown timer so that it doesn’t auto shutoff on you…) and tried the update and it went through no problem.
I saw your post here and was excited to think that the update might finally work after seeing your suggestions. Unfortunately no luck. I'm curious mostly on the point that this thread was started last year talking about this same update.. any idea why my vehicle says it's up to date yet this update looks to be months old? Recently 5/18 there was a "Ford Pass notification of "Travel With Confidence" talking about a more accurate range prediction... was this update strictly for "beta testers" months back and now it's for the masses?

Anyone else having trouble updating? I've only had 1 or 2 updates since receiving this vehicle 3 weeks back and they all happened when I was away from the vehicle.
Sponsored